UNWELCOMED GUEST
So along with the disappointment associated with it, I was also in a world of pain!!! Yes, I am talking about PMS. It was awful this week. Totally journal worthy. I wanted to die!!! On top of the pain, I was feeling really nauseated, dizzy, diarrhea, headache like I've never experienced, body aches and some serious fatigue. I thought for sure it was a miscarriage, but when that was busted, I thought maybe I had just lost too much blood. I've never had it last so long and be so heavy. I was content with that conclusion, and the ringing in my ears on Friday confirmed it even more, but turns out it was probably just a bug because Nate came down with almost the exact same symptoms Friday. Kind of a bummer! Anyway. Just thought I should document the week that I almost died. It really was horrible. I'm not sure how I survived. Hopefully it doesn't happen like this anytime soon.
NEW CALLING
So I got a new calling on Sunday. They called me way early in the week, and had set and rescheduled several appointments with the Bishop, so I'd thought long and hard about what it might be. I was pretty sure it would have to be a non-Sunday calling (those are always fun :) ), and I'd settled on Scouts, just because it's been a while. Boy was I surprised when the Bishop said, "Teacher in the Relief Society"!!! Sheesh!! Not ready for that one. I'm totally underqualified for this calling!! It's a little weird because I had thought about that back when I was praying for help with being in front of people, and thought that would be a calling that would really push me in that area, but I really didn't think Heavenly Father would want to inflict that on my new ward. It's really scary for me to get up in front of people and talk. Singing, playing the piano (which is my other calling right now), those are okay. Talking on the other hand. I'm not sure why either. I was so into it when I was younger. At church anyway, never at school, I loved giving talks! I loved bearing my testimony. It was all fun. Something happened though. I think it was shortly after we got married. Anyway. I've been praying for a chance to fix it though, so I should just be grateful that the opportunity is here. I'm scared to death still. I hope I can have a LOT of help to make it at least worth coming to for the Relief Society sisters!! I would die if no one showed up on my weeks. Oh well... can't think like that!! It's gonna be good!! I hope :)!! 9-15-13
TREASURE HUNT
My cute little Noah and his sweet little sister made me the cutest little treasure hunt!!! Map, clues, everything!! So well thought out and so sweetly executed! I LOVED IT!! I was so hormonal that day, I think even shed a few tears during it because they'd put so much work and thought into it. I love that they did that for me. The prize at the end was a cute little container of a handful of sacrificed Sour Patch Kids- if that's not the best treasure in the whole world, I don't know what is. They love me :). Does life get better than that?? 9-16-13
FHE
Noah had the lesson this week. He had wanted to do a "Animal Game Outside" as he had Kelly help him write on a piece of paper :). Such a big boy, learning how to write and stuff!! Cutie! So we all went outside and played capture the flag basically. I'm not sure how it turned into that, and the next day Noah pointed out to me that we didn't really play the animal game because no one was doing sounds or attacking each other, but I think we were all okay with it. It was a lot of fun. Girls against boys. I think we decided that the boys won twice and the girls won twice. Lots of fun. Nate had the treat: ICE CREAM!! 9-16-13
BIKE SHOW
My cute little non-all-day-school-ers and I have a lot of fun together some days. Other days, it's a little harder to come up with fun things to do. Luckily we have Noah and Erika's creativity on our side. This week, they put on a BIKE SHOW for me. They had totally spent like almost a half hour preparing and practicing it :). They did a great job! Some pretty cool tricks too! I had fun watching them show off. Jack loved it too which was adorable :). He pretty much loves anything outside though :). Especially dirt :). I love my kids! 9-17-13
DINNER GROUP NO MORE
So Monday during the day, after hours of heating pad and way too much ibuprofen and tylenol, I concluded that this was not going to be a good week for me to do dinner group. I texted everyone (the two that are left now that Sabrina's son is in the hospital), and let them know I was out this week. Immediately I started getting texts back about "what's wrong?" "are you okay?" "if you don't want to do dinner group just tell us". Like really dramatic stuff. Looking back, I guess it was really strange for me to not do it that week, but I seriously felt so offended that they were jumping to the concclusion that I was not wanting to do the group altogether, all because I cancelled on one week!! I wasn't the first one to do this! It was really annoying. I don't like the double standard. So it kind of festered over the evening and night, and on Tuesday when I finally talked to Amy on the phone, I just had had enough of it all. She was convinced that I just didn't want to do the group and sounded like she had just been looking for the opportunity to kick me out, so I just kind of gave up. I wish it hadn't ended like that, but I really didn't feel an urgency to stay in it at all. Nate and I had talked a lot about how the group wasn't really serving our needs anymore, and not really serving it's purpose realy either. It felt like it was getting a little stale. Either way, I'm out. It was fun while it lasted, and I think if the opportunity came up with friends around here, I'd take it, but I've got a few new plans in place to keep the whole dinner thing going smoothly. It's definitely helpful to plan out a menu and prepare things during the day. I like that better than trying to cram it into my evenings. They're packed enough as it is with homework and friends and everything else. So hopefully I can keep this up for a while. At least until something better comes up. 9-17-13
PINEWOOD DERBY
Bradley participated in his second Pinewood derby! He didn't have enough time really, to make a new car, so he just used his one from our old ward's that we just did a month or so before we moved. It was a lot of fun to cheer him on!! The kids really got into it! Kelly made a little sign that said, "Go Bradley!" I loved that :). Bradley's already making plans for next years :). 9-18-13
DANCE
Charity and Kelly started a dance class this week! A girl in Nate's Sunday School class, she's 17ish, built a studio in her family's basement and is starting to teach dance! We're really excited about it, as you can imagine. They're already looking forward to their Christmas recital! 9-19-13
CELLO
Along with Dance, Charity also signed up to start Cello lessons this week! Should be interesting to see how she balances all of her responsibilities, but I feel like the homework load at this school is much less than it was at Holbrook, so I think this is more realistic :). She is really excited!! It's all done through the school, so it's all free, including the Cello rental, so that's even more exciting :). I love the sound of the cello, I'm really anxious for her to stsart. I think she'll pick up just like a pro, just like everything else she does. I'm really proud of her for being so ambitious and wanting to try something so new and different. What a great example for her younger siblings!! So cool. 9-19-13
STAR PARTY
We had our second Star Party on Friday. It went well. I could have done with less whining. But overall, it really was a lot of fun. Everyone made up their games, and everyone participated in all of them, earning tickets with the stars they had earned from good behavior. The auction was a big hit thanks to Nate's generous donations :). I love that my kids have so much fun with these simple little things. You'd think we'd gone to Disneyland again with how excited they all were!! And the next morning felt like November 1st :) Can't wait til the next one! Lukey says we need to have them at least once a month, but not just once a year :). Love that kid. 9-20-13
AUNT JEN'S BIRTHDAY DINNER
We went out to Bucca Di Beppo again, for Jen's birthday. This is somewhat of a tradition now, I think this was the third year. It was a lot of fun. Nate had to work, so it was just me and the kids and since Jack didn't really seem in the mood for the whole restaurant experience, I let him hang out with Grandma Hatch. Erika volunteered to stay with him as well :). So it was just me and the older five. Kind of a nice break. We sat by Uncle Dan and the Taylors. So lots of fun and laughs there :). Dan was teasing all the little girls about their crushes :) That made me laugh. The boys all goofed around with their cousins. It was a good time. Kelly had gone all out and made Jen a cool duct tape bracelet, and card. Erika made her a card and necklace, and Bradley made her a card as well. I love it when other people get to experience my kids' love for birthdays and their thoughtfulness. 9-21-13
No comments:
Post a Comment