"You are not here to live a mediocre to average life; you are here to live an amazing life, a miraculous life. If it weren't for your challenges, there would be no miracles. You must do that which seems impossible, for it is only in the impossible that miracles are had." - author unknown, but very respected

Thursday, June 5, 2014

Kelly's Patriotic Program

Kelly's Fifth Grade program was on Tuesday.  Nate had to work that afternoon, so he had planned on going to the morning/school version of the program, and had invited his sister and parents to attend as well.  That was supposed to start at 10:00.  Well, at about 9:55 we got a call from Kelly at the school, in tears, sobbing, to tell us that it was actually at 10:00.  Then another call from Nate's parents right after that saying the same thing.  They had changed the time and not said anything!!  I couldn't believe it!  Kelly was devastated!  Nate too.  He decided he was just going to have to be late for work and go to the late performance.  We spent a lot of the morning hanging out with Nate's parents (since they'd come all the way out here), and showed them around the yard, let them compliment us on our garden profusely :).  It was a nice relaxing time.  

So anyway.  Luckily the whole morning thing had happened, because from all of that we learned that they'd changed the time for the later one as well, and it was now at 2:00 instead of the 2:30 we'd been planning.  I was able to get to the school at 1:30 and got a good seat (on the WRONG SIDE OF THE ROOM AGAIN!!! ugh.) on the front row.  We were happy that Jen managed to come all the way back up to Kaysville- seriously she works in Salt Lake- what a cool Aunt!- to come see the later show too.  Kelly was relieved to have such support in the audience.  

Kelly got to dress up as an Indian and performed in one of the first songs, doing her Indian dance.  I wish I could remember the name of the song- I'll have to ask her again. She and I worked pretty hard on her costume the night before- she looked great!

I think it's adorable that she ended up using her duct tape on her costume :).  So Kelly.


Some blurry shots of the dance.


They sang a ton of cool Patriotic songs, made the audience cry with Angels Among us... it was neat.  I really do enjoy this program.  Which is good since I will see it at least 5 more times :).  Look how cute my Kelly is!  She makes me so proud.

We of course went out to ice cream afterward to celebrate :).  

No comments: