"You are not here to live a mediocre to average life; you are here to live an amazing life, a miraculous life. If it weren't for your challenges, there would be no miracles. You must do that which seems impossible, for it is only in the impossible that miracles are had." - author unknown, but very respected

Friday, June 27, 2014

Things to Remember week of 6-15-14

MIA MAIDS
I got to teach again this Sunday to finish off what we didn't get to talk about last Sunday.  Didn't go as well as I'd hoped, or as well as last week, but it was fine.  I am definitely feeling more comfortable teaching and that is a good thing.  We've been talking about the Priesthood this month.  I am LOVING it.  It's been so interesting to read all the talks and scriptures about the Priesthood and our role as women.  It makes me happy to talk about the Priesthood.  It has been such a blessing in my life.  6-15-14

FHE
This week we had a movie night for FHE.  Charity was the lesson.  We watched Rise of the Guardians.  It was a lot of fun.  I love it when everyone sits around and cuddles and enjoys a movie together.  Although I'm feeling like we REALLY need a REAL lesson soon.  Time to change up the rotations.  We're thinking of adding in "Activity" to the schedule so that we can have a lesson and an activity.  Instead of everyone choosing an activity FOR their lesson.  We'll see how it goes.  We always tried to keep things short and sweet since the kids were so young, but now that everyone's growing up... anyway, it was a fun night.  6-16-14

RAINED OUT
Luke's game got rained out AGAIN.  I was bummed.  Luke was bummed.  Hopefully Thursday looks better.  The suspense is building up!  6-17-14

ULTRASOUND
So I finally went to the Doctor last week, for this bloating/pain/exhaustion that I've been feeling lately.  Unfortunately the loser Doctor that I saw got the impression that I just wanted to be drugged up.  He didn't think it was anything serious and after only a few minutes of talking to me prescribed me some pretty hefty pain killers.  Not sure why he thought pain killers would take care of the bloating/constipation/pressure I've been dealing with, but whatever.  I am not a drug person.  I don't like to take medicine unless I know why I'm taking it.  So I resorted to some more extreme measures and called Dr. Thackeray's office.  After a 10 minute phone call (more questions and information was delved into in that phone call than I got from the whole visit with the other moron), they decided I should come in for an ultrasound.  Just to take a look at my ovaries and everything.  So Wednesday I went in for the ultrasound.  I can't express how much I detest going to the OBGYN when I am NOT expecting, but like I said, I was desperate.  And luckily it was just the ultrasound.  I couldn't believe how painful the ultrasound was, not sure why, but she said everything looked fine.  I'm glad everything's fine, but I wish I had more of an explanation for all the crap I've been feeling lately.  No pun intended.  I guess it's just another one of those mysteries.  I am relieved in a lot of ways though.  I was really starting to worry about my ovaries and about my ability to reproduce still.  6-18-14

IT'S NOT ABOUT ME
I had a nice talk with my good friend today and something she said has just stuck with me.  I really think she was inspired to say it.  I couldn't help but think that the spirit(s) waiting to come to our family are waiting because they are not ready.  They need more time with Heavenly Father for whatever reason.  This is so comforting to me.  It reminds me that the spirits that come here are with Heavenly Father before they come.  The most perfect place there is.  They are happy and comfortable and at peace there.  To come here is a big step.  It's something they need to be ready for.  I don't want them to come before they are ready.  What an interesting concept.  I loved it.  Makes so much sense and really put my mind at ease.  I don't know if there even are spirits or a spirit coming to our family.  I feel like someone is missing, but that doesn't necessarily mean that they will come.  Makes me sad when I wonder if we are done.  I don't feel like I am.  But it's not about me.  It's not about what I want.  It's not even about what those spirits on the other side want.  It's up to Heavenly Father.  He is in charge.  I am trying so hard to remember that and to be faithful.  I want things to go His way.  His way is always the best way.  So I'm grateful for good friends who can point me in the right direction.  This new way of thinking and praying is helping me to be comfortable with my situation.  What a blessing.  Thank you, Emily.  I needed that.  6-18-14

DANCE CAMP
The girls have started their Dance Camp back up this week!  They had a few moms really persistently requesting that they do it again.  Their such veterans this year, I think they even raised their prices.  They've made it so each girl brings the snack each week, and they are a little more organized.  Just like last year though, they spend a lot of time playing games and goofing off, and not as much dancing :), but maybe that's where the "camp" comes in.  I LOVE that they are having fun and being productive together though, and that some of the cute little neighbor girls (and even their little brothers and sister) are benefiting from it as well.  I will not be so surprised this year when the recital comes around :).  6-20-14

KSS 5K
Our family branched out this Saturday and went to the Stake 5K.  We have a few runners in our family and some wannabes, so we were excited to hear about the 5K.  We had missed it last year and almost missed it this year if it hadn't been for Jami asking if we'd help direct people.  Our runners wouldn't have missed that for the world though.  Even though I'm not a runner, I had a great time walking and talking with my sleepy best friend the whole way.  It was a lot of fun to find out that Luke had won 3rd place in his age division (1st and 2nd place were riding scooters!).  He was pretty proud of himself and announced that if he'd known they were keeping track, he would have come in much sooner.  His time was 21 min. 12 sec.  I was pretty proud of our kids.  They did great.  It was fun opportunity.  I'm thinking we need to do more of that.  6-21-14




No comments: