"You are not here to live a mediocre to average life; you are here to live an amazing life, a miraculous life. If it weren't for your challenges, there would be no miracles. You must do that which seems impossible, for it is only in the impossible that miracles are had." - author unknown, but very respected

Saturday, May 23, 2015

Things to Remember Week of 5-17-15

STAKE CONFERENCE
The kids did fantastic during conference!  I think I was the most figety.  We were on the hard chairs, so we did let the kids get up a few times for drinks and potty, but for the most part, we all did great!  It was such a great meeting!  Focused a lot on fasting, keeping the sabbath day holy, and lots of other great stuff.  They announced that we will be changing to a Sacrament Meeting first schedule.  That's interesting.  We'll see how it goes ;).  I think it will be great for the YW and starting YW on time :).  I love changes that were totally inspired.  5-17-15

TIME OFF
Nate took Saturday off so that he could go to the Priesthood and Adult meetings and then had Sunday off from requesting it a while ago when he couldn't get Mother's Day off so we had him here for the Walk-a-bout Sunday night.  It was so nice.  I think I value the time off while I'm pregnant almost more than the time after the baby gets here.  5-17-15

FHE
Bradley needed to pass off a Faith in God requirement so he taught us about Joseph Smith.  He did a great job.  It's so crazy that these kids are old enough to plan and carry out their own lessons these days.  Makes me happy.  We had delicious Drumsticks for our treat.  Thank you Charity for trading Brad.  5-18-15

COURT OF HONOR/REHAB
We had to divide and conquer on Tuesday night.  Nate took the kids to Caleb's court of honor.  I heard lots of good things about the whole night including Becky thought the kids looked so nice and Jen was happy the boys were in their uniforms.  They had fun with Nate talking about Our-by's and Your-by's.
Heidi and I went up to LDS Hospital to visit Summer.  She sure has made some progress.  I'm anxious for her to get to the state hospital in Provo and be able to solve the many problems she's dealing with.  I can't believe what that girl has on her plate right now.  But 4 weeks without drinking or smoking... pretty cool.  I'm glad she's finally coming to grips with the abuse she face as a kid.  I hope she can find her closure on that.  I love her so much and wish there was more I could do.  I'm hoping to stop by again next week. 5-19-15

WEDNESDAY
Wednesday seemed really busy for some reason.  The littles and I went to playgroup, it was extra fun this week, not sure why.  I did feel bad for complaining about the school with Lisa in front of Aynsley and Michelle.  I am very ready for Summer.  When we got home, we ran some errands with Nate.  We had two baseball games (which Bradley and Luke only went to half of theirs and Noah was able to go to his with Kelly and Erika- we caught the end of it after pack meeting), Pack meeting, Young Women's, Activity Days, and my Presidency meeting all withing about four hours.  It felt really crowded and chaotic.  I'm always glad when Wednesdays are over. 5-20-15

X-RAYS
I took Bradley and Kelly in for their injuries finally.  Kelly's ankle and Bradley's hand have been bugging them off and on for the past month or so- Kelly's only two weeks, but long enough!  I wish we'd taken them sooner.  Kelly's turned out to be nothing- probably just a sprain.  Bradley's, they were not 100% sure about.  They said it didn't look like a fracture, but the joints looked questionable.  Whatever that means.  They want us to wait a week and see if it's still bugging him.  Then redo the x-rays if it's still hurting.  Weird.  Anyway.  I hate these things- I never know what to do about them.  5-21-15

BEDROOMS
So my mind has been on one track for the past few days.  The only thing I can think about is the bedroom switching- getting ready for our baby girl to come and making room for her.  It's a pretty big project that I've constructed all myself for various reasons.  I've been completely obsessed with it all though!!  Just ask Nate, he's probably going to want to tape my mouth shut soon.  So here's the plan- in my special, well thought out, order:  We are going to move my sewing stuff up to our bedroom, to the half of the room that is not used.  Then store what we can of my craft stuff in the cupboard in the old craft room, and also the storage room.  Once we get that room empty- taking the table to the D I and everything else that needs to go- we will move the blue couch into that room, along with the games.  In an effort to empty out the old game room.  Once we get that room completely empty and move the books to somewhere that I still haven't managed to figure out completely- we will partition off the room so that we can use one half for Bradley and Luke's bedroom, and the other half for the bean bag, possibly books, and pool table (unless it works to put it in the new game room).  We found a nice wardrobe on KSL to use as the boys' closet, and also to function as part of the partition.  So hopefully we can get their new room up and running with their bunk bed and dressers as well.  I think we may need to buy a shelf of some kind for their extra things.  I hope they like it.  Once their old room is empty we plan on painting it.  Right now I'm thinking a light gray.  Then we will move Noah and Jack into that room.  Using just the beds and dressers they have now.  I'm really excited for Noah to be able to reach his shirts in the closet :).  Then once their room is empty, we can begin preparations for Charity and Kelly to move in.  We want to paint the closet some amazing color (to be determined still), so that the room will pop a little, then remove the closet doors at Kelly's request.  They will be using the bunk bed that Charity and Kelly use right now, and during this move, we will probably move Kelly's loft bed into Noah's room for him to use, switching his bed into Erika's (and hopefully painting it to match the color scheme (purple and teal) we have planned for her room.  Charity and Kelly's dresser is not big enough for them anymore and I came up with the brilliant plan to get one of those 4x4 shelves from IKEA with a few baskets for them to put clothing and other decorative things in.  I think it will look so nice!  I'm thinking they will need maybe a 2x4 shelf on its side in their closet as well... not sure yet though, what we'll be working with.  This should look really nice if it all works out according to my brilliant plan :).  Once we get the girls out of their room, and move some of Erika's things around, we will paint the pink wall in her room purple and hopefully just wash the white one (I don't think it needs new paint).  Then I'd like to paint the small dresser in her room and that will be the baby's then Erika can use the big white one of Charity and Kelly's without the door on it, and with some cute colorful baskets for organizing things.  I am pretty sure she will want to bring up some of her toys from the toy room, so we will try to make room for that too.  I don't want to overcrowd the room, but I do want her to feel at home.  She will probably be in there all by herself for the first few months (depending on when we get this all finished), since her baby sister will be in my room for a few months.  Once the room is finished we can (hopefully) paint the crib and put it in there as well.  It's going to be so nice to have just two kids in each room!  I'm very excited for that.  I hope this all works out.  I can see a few potential problems, but I think overall it will work.  I'm nervous to have Bradley and Luke so far away.  That part kind of bums me out.  Hopefully they don't mind too much.  5-22-15

STEP ONE
So today I took care of the first step of my nesting obsession.  I went through ALL of my craft and sewing stuff and got rid of probably 2/3 of it all!  GO ME!  And then found much more consolidating ways to store it all.  We (Kelly helped me out a TON!) condensed my fabric from 5 boxes into just 1!  Weeded out LOTS of it.  Three DI bags and one garbage bag later, the room was mostly empty!  Nate took the table and everything out to the car to be delivered to the DI, which I did THAT NIGHT! GO ME AGAIN!  We brought the blue couch in, and kept the white shelf.  We went through the DVD and CD drawers and condensed them substantially.  Then moved all the games from the old game room onto the counter top and white shelf.  I ingeniously put the smaller stuff in the other half of the CD drawer- so awesome.  I am so pleased with how it all looks and how it went.  I think eventually I would like to put up some shelves on the walls to put the games on, but in the meantime, this totally works.  We didn't move the pool table in yet- not sure if I will- it's a little smaller than I'd planned.  But Kelly figured out that she can put her Karaoke machine (Aka: TV) in there and watch movies in the complete darkness.  Funny girl.  It's a comfortable room now!  That's all that matters to me.  I didn't get the old game room cleaned up yet.  Lots of odds and ends to tie up in there.  I need to figure out the book situation.  The toys kind of take over as well... so that might be next week's project.  Tonight I set up my table and sewing machine in my room- don't love it- but it works.  I will have to clean out my closet shelves a little before putting all my other things in there.  I am using the fabric tote as a night stand :).  Which is great since I was needing one anyway.  Things are on their way!  I'm feeling very accomplished right now.  5-23-15

25 WEEKS
Well, what to say?  I feel like I've complained enough.  I feel like things feel okay right now, but still just not as good as I feel I should.  So that's hard.  I am SO anxious for summer.  I hope I have the energy to entertain my kids though.  That we are able to do enough fun things to make it feel like summer.  I love feeling this baby move.  She is a good wiggler, so I always know she's still there.  Makes me happy.  All this nesting is making me very baby hungry. 5-23-15






No comments: