On Saturday we were taking some of Heidi's furniture down to her new place, and she invited us to stay and swim afterward. We all had such a good time together the whole day and being able to spend time with everyone. The kids had a blast in the pool. They were so happy about their goggles :)
Noah had a lot of fun, but preferred standing, walking and sitting on the steps over having me hold him. He likes the independence I think. He was surprisingly not too traumatized by the several times he stepped off the edge and went all the way under while I was not looking. (this was like milliseconds long, btw, just so you aren't thinking I was totally neglecting him, it was just like turn your head and there he goes kind of thing :)) But he really didn't seem to care as he was coughing up the water. I made him keep his shirt on so he didn't get sunburnt and even with all my talk about sunblock that whole day, I totally forgot to put any on his face!! He got fried, but just as usual it was gone in the morning, thank goodness.... I don't need to feel guilty any longer than that.
The big kids loved the floaties, Kelly demonstrated to all of us why they are indeed called "floaties". She's so funny. She spent most of her time with Aunt Heidi "learning to swim" and actually did really well after her 3 hour lesson :) Impressive, Heidi hasn't lost the touch!! I'm still very embarrassed that my children do not know how to swim, considering I taught it for 3 years. Oh well, I need to get over htat I guess.
Charlie and Grandma Hatch were buds.
Charity spent most of her time freaking out about how deep the pool was. She had a lot of fun learning to swim from Aunt Sarah. She did pretty well once we were all out of the way :) All of my kids surprise me with how comfortable they are in the water though. That is a huge thing to me because I always worried that I would have one of those kids that was too scared to get in.
Bradley spent most of his time with Uncle Brent and Daddy. He had SO much fun. It was really fun to watch him getting around in the water. He loved his goggles too, even though they were totally cheap and let water in :) He keeps asking me "what kind of day could we go there again?" He really had a good time.
He didn't even let a bloody nose stop his fun.
Luke and Nate were total buds the entire time. Everytime I looked over at them I just couldn't get over how little Luke looked. He had a lot of fun, even when Nate was dunking him in the water against his will :) He's a good sport. He liked doing Ring-around-the-rosies with Noah too. He was trying to make it extra fun for him I think :)
I played a little with Charlie over on the steps (since his parents were playing with mine). he liked the tube :) He's such a funny little guy.
Noah did like doing Motor Boat. He would laugh and laugh, and try to dip his head in but not too far..... the water in the ears thing wasn't his favorite.
Near the end everyone was just showing off all their tricks and new ways to swim. It was so much fun. Hopefully it wasn't too much work to Heidi, and she invites us to her nice new condo again.
Thanks Sarah, for all the cute pictures!! And Thanks Heidi, for the fun time. Maybe next time we can get the sun to stay out while we are in the pool :)
1 comment:
Swimming is always fun when you have so many helpers! Fun times! Don't feel too guilty about the sunscreen, I guess they are doing a study on relating sunscreen to alzheimers! Geez, We can't do anything these days!
Post a Comment