"You are not here to live a mediocre to average life; you are here to live an amazing life, a miraculous life. If it weren't for your challenges, there would be no miracles. You must do that which seems impossible, for it is only in the impossible that miracles are had." - author unknown, but very respected

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Future Memories

- Lukey's got me figured out.  This is how he asks to play the wii Tetris game, "Mom, can I play I mean do you want to play Tetris with me?"  He's so smart!

- September 11th, 2010 marked the anniversary of when Nana died.  I can't believe she's already been gone a year.  I miss her so much.  We were able to go visit her grave and leave a little pot of flowers for her on Saturday and that meant a lot to me.  I hope she got the message that I love her and miss her.  And I think she would appreciate the visit.  She always loved having company.  Not that I think she's just sitting there at her grave.  I know that Nana is with me a lot.  I feel her around at the strangest times.  I used to feel her a lot when I was rocking Noah in her chair, just before Erika was born. And I still think about her when I'm rocking Erika, but I don't know if I feel like she is there as much.  When I'm driving around by myself I feel like she's sitting in the passengers seat there with me sometimes.  That's always funny.  Then I have to laugh because I think of what she might be saying or thinking at the moment.  I love her so much.  I wish so badly that I could go and do her work in the temple now, since it's been 1 year, but hopefully someday soon.  I know that the Lord is in control and that when it is time, it will be time.  I just have to keep telling myself this.  I hope she is having a good time, and learning a lot, and being able to experience some new and exciting things.  She was getting bored with this life :)  Hopefully they've put her to work doing something fun :)

- My new favorite line: "I saw this thing on YouTube, at work....."  It's even making me laugh now :)

- We started Nate's new schedule this week.  Well, technically last week, but since he took Sunday off and had Monday off for the holiday we didn't really feel the effects of it until Friday.  Good effects!!  Nate has Fridays and Saturdays off.  And while I wouldn't CHOOSE to have him working Sundays, it's been kinda fun to have such a long weekend!  Today is Sunday, so of course I have nothing negative to say yet, right now Nate is at another ward's Sacrament meeting and I am sitting here feeding Erika, so nothing big yet.  Nate will have to leave just before Sacrament meeting, so that I am guessing will be the true test for me.  I have a lot of hope and faith in my kids that it will go okay :)  but you can guess why I would choose to post this before rather than after :)  We all know how that went when Nate was in OK, NOT PRETTY!  But I'm really thinking that my kids have come a long way in the last 2 years and together we can make it work.  I'll keep ya posted.

- So church was a disaster.  Or Sacrament meeting I should say.  Not the best.  The kids did terrible.  And I think there were a few contributing factors, the stupid treats that only SOME of my kids' teachers give them following class which is right before Sacrament meeting.  Note to self: remove the treats from the picture BEFORE anyone else gets jealous.  Also we some how lost the EE-OH before the meeting.... not sure where it was, but Noah is not a happy camper when he is tired and Ee-ohless.  He got mad at me about EVERYTHING.  And cried.  We were not only missing our Daddy, but his bag.  Duh.  We didn't have any crayons, pens, paper, not even a pin to poke ourselves and use the blood to draw with (which is what I would have been willing to do had we had one).  Not that we've really NEEDED these things in the past, our kids have actually done well with very little over hte last couple of years, but I did hope to have them just in case.  And this was one of those times that they would have come in handy.  But now I know what I need to do differently.  The kids were tired and hungry and grumpy, and had to sit on the couch and practice being reverent when we got home.  They sat there for a good 15 minutes.  I think they learned their lesson.  We'll see.  Better luck next week right?  Luckily I have an awesome ward... everyone just felt sorry for me, nobody was giving me any other kinds of looks.  Hopefully we weren't too  disrespectful of everyone while we were learning about respect.  Everyone kept offering to help.  I wish I knew what I could have someone do for me!  I really couldn't think of anything that would really work to eliminate any of the excess noise.  Anyway.  We're gonna do better next week.

- One thing that was mentioned today in Sacrament meeting that I heard was about not being afraid to change.  This got me thinking about what things I need to change.  I have a few in my mind, but I"m going to keep thinking and make myself a list of things I want to change about myself.  Things that I've just kind of gotten stuck in a rut about.  And things that will make my life better.

- Yesterday while getting ready for church, Charity says to me, "I don't know if this really happened or if it was a dream, but in the night, I got out of bed, went out to the car, and laid in my seat with the blanket that we used on the picnic.  It was SO WEIRD!"  I convinced her that it was a dream.  When we got out to the car, her door was barely shut and the blanket we had used for the picnic was spread all out over her seat and Charity exclaimed, "IT REALLY HAPPENED!!!!  That's SO CREEPY!!!!"  Yeah, that's just great.  Now I gotta worry about her sleep-walking habits too :)..... what goes around comes around I guess.

- Bradley's been doing his own hair all week, and he likes to do it "spiked up".  I wish I wasn't in such a hurry getting him to school at the last minute so I could take a picture of him.  It's really fun to see his personality and what he really likes coming out in the things that he does for himself lately.  He's such a fun kid.  Oh, I also want to remember how funny it is that everytime we ask him the name of his "new friend" he says, "I don't know." Like it's perfectly normal to not know this person's name.  Which I'm sure it is perfectly normal for a boy :)  My girls have been so different in that area.  They would know the girls' full name, how to spell it and how many brothers and sisters they have all within the first week of school.  Also what kinds of pets and their names and colors :)  Girls have so much more room in their brain filing cabinets in the folder marked "useless information about other people".

1 comment:

The Wright Family said...

I had an idea for you when I was reading about you being alone in sacrament meeting. We have several mothers at church alone with their kids, either because Dad's in the bishopric, he's a high councilor, he's away for work, etc. Our young women started a sign-up to help those families. Sometimes the girls will sit with the family for an extra pair of hands. Sometimes they'll take one child with them to sit with the YW's family. Just a thought. The girls and the "single" moms love it. Hang in there! They do get easier as they grow up. Well, at least at sacrament meeting.