"You are not here to live a mediocre to average life; you are here to live an amazing life, a miraculous life. If it weren't for your challenges, there would be no miracles. You must do that which seems impossible, for it is only in the impossible that miracles are had." - author unknown, but very respected

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Bradley's a Star

Photobucket
For some reason it feels funny to call Brad "Bradley", I don't know why.... but that's what he goes by at school (his choice), so it makes me smile :)  I'm glad he likes the name we gave him.
Friday, the 29th was his BIG performance!  The Kindergarteners all put on a little show for the parents.  Grandma Hatch, Steve, Nate, Me and the littles all came out to support our big star.  He was so animated the whole time!  I only took still pictures in the beginning while they were coming in and then I took video of the whole performance, so not a lot of pictures, but he was just so cute the whole time.  They sang songs that they learned throughout the year.  Brad liked watching Erika clap for them after each song.  She would stop clapping right when his friend would look.... kinda funny.  She did get into it though, and watched very intently the ENTIRE time.... that made Brad feel special I think :).  Then watched a slide show of pictures from the year.  The slide show was lame because there was too much light in the room  and you could hardly see the pictures, so that was a bummer and made it so a LOT of the kids were climbing around on the risers and just crazy all over the place, and the teachers had to get after them and it was all "awkwuhd" (in the words of LUke).  I was glad that my sweet, innocent, little boy just sat there on the floor in his spot, being the good little boy that I know he ALWAYS is (HA! that's a joke btw), I was glad I didn't have to watch the teacher get after him :). 
Then we went to Dairy Queen afterwards to celebrate!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
I have absolutely LOVED Mrs. Savage for Bradley this year.  She's been amazing!  I will admit I was slightly bummed that he didn't get Mrs. Holbrook because Kelly had loved her and had so much fun with her when she was in Kindergarten (the lady brought a present to Kelly-something she had missed out on-when she broke her arm- TO OUR HOUSE!  You can't beat that!), and Mrs. Savage came across as somewhat grumpy and un-fun.  (Couldn't have been more wrong of course!)  Well, I decided not to let it stop us from enjoying the year for Bradley, and I was SO pleasantly SURPRISED with how awesome she is!  She really is an amazing teacher.  Whenever I've asked her a question, she's had a more than helpful answer, then follow-up answers, and more info, and always seems so genuinely interested in the kids.  She loves Brad and treats him so well.  It occurred to me at the beginning of the year that she just might be the perfect teacher (of the two) for Bradley since she does take things a little more seriously.  I think Mrs. Holbrook would have been a little too goofy for my serious little scholar.  He really can appreciate Mrs. Savage's style of teaching so much more I think.  So anyway.  She's been a sweet lady.  I have appreciated her prompt reply to my emails, and how she is always so complimentary of my son and even my parenting.... a good compliment.... that's all it takes to win me over.  I'll miss having her for Bradley's teacher..... Oh, that makes me so anxious for the SUMMER!!!!!  When will it ever come?!!!

No comments: