"You are not here to live a mediocre to average life; you are here to live an amazing life, a miraculous life. If it weren't for your challenges, there would be no miracles. You must do that which seems impossible, for it is only in the impossible that miracles are had." - author unknown, but very respected
Wednesday, May 18, 2011
My Mother's Day!
I can't believe I forgot to post about my special day!! My family make this day so fun for me! I just look forward to it and love it so much. It started out just right, with a yummy breakfast in bed! Scrambled egg and toast sandwich, and my favorite- BACON!!! Then the kids all showered me with their thoughtful gifts. Erika gave me a cute little Mercer Mayer book "Mommy and Me"... Nate knows how much I love those books! And Erika is such a sucker for books, it's fun to read with her. Noah gave me a mirror that I'm pretty sure he picked out all by himself :) He was so excited about it for days beforehand. I love that :). Then Lukey gave me a cute little "purse" for my makeup. He picked that out too :) So adorable. I actually used it on our trip to Yellowstone too and he thought that was cool :). Bradley gave me a cute little frame he made at school. My favorite part is that he stuck it right across from my bedroom door, so that everytime I walk out of my room (early mornings especially :)) I see that Brad loves me :). Ahh. Kelly, my sweet little Kelly, made me the coolest little book case for all of my new books. She's so creative and usually likes to hand make her gifts, this was no exception. She did a great job and it looks so cute on my dresser! I love it. So thoughtful. Charity being the big book reader that she is found a book that I have been wanting to get and read for a LONG time, and gave it to me. With her own money too! The Five Love Languages. I'm almost done with it and it's just perfect. I love that the love for reading that she has is really rubbing off on me lately. I've been reading a lot more than I ever thought I would :). And then Nate spoiled me with this amazing Wacom Bamboo Tablet for the computer. I haven't had a LOT of time to play with it, but it's going to revolutionize the way I edit photos. It also came with Photoshop Elements 8, which I've really been interested in. And it came with a few other drawing programs that I think the kids will LOVE to try out. Kelly's been wanting to write and illustrate a book, so that will be perfect for that. It's just a fun gift. Nate's good at that. I got to relax at church, with no responsibilities, and we got to have a yummy danish in the kitchen during Primary! How nice that they give us our treat during church so that we don't have to share and so that we got to socialize a little as well :) I loved that. We took a long nap, had dinner, headed on over to my Mom's and she spoiled me with gifts (I'm not sure why my mom gives me a present on Mother's day, but she does, and it's sweet, so I'll take it :)), then headed up to Nate's Parents' house for the family meeting. It was such a nice day. I love thinking about my role as a Mother, and taking inventory of how I'm doing. There are SO many areas I want to improve in and so many things I do wrong, but I love to know that Heavenly Father can fill in the gaps and as long as I do what I can, we'll be okay. I think there are discouraging moments, and I really wish there weren't, but I guess that's what helps us grow. That's what helps us want to improve. And I'm okay with improving I guess. Anyway, I hope you all had a nice Mother's Day!! Sorry I'm so late about it :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment