- Monday was park day! We finally got to go again... and to the last one before school starts. I will miss those!!
- Monday night I got to go to my cousin, Alicia's Baby Shower. I was the only one there from my family for the first 3 hours of it, but I had so much fun! It's been a while since I was able to just sit and talk with the Mottishaws and I LOVED it! I am so happy for Alicia to be having her first little baby girl. She's going to be such a good Mom! It's been long awaited and I can't wait til little Baby Asia gets here!
- Tuesday, I was feeling pretty sick again for some reason. It was really hard to do anything and I don't remember if we actually did get out of the house.... probably not. This bug is a killer.
- Thursday was our last MOVIE DAY of the Summer. We made a quick stop at All A Dollar to buy candy (and subsequently had to explain why we had to hide the candy in the diaper bag that we didn't really need to bring in since none of them are in diapers.... yes, I had to tell my kids we were breaking the rules.... probably won't do that again. Just seems so much worse when you have to explain it! I grew up doing that, and hardly thought anything of it! Oh well.) Then we dropped Erika off at my Mom's and went down to Valley Fair Mall to see Rio. It was so fun to sit next to Noah during the beginning. Every preview that popped up he would say, "Is this the movie we're watching?" And I would say, "nope, not yet." Then he would give a bummed out, "oh." For like 10 or so previews! Made me laugh. I finally told him I would tell him when our movie was on, but that didn't stop him :). He's so businesslike, it cracks me up. THEN during the beginning of the movie, when Blue is just a baby birdie, he was just busting up, laughing like crazy! It was SO adorable!! I love watching him enjoy things. It's cute. We ate so much candy and popcorn during that movie! It really was a good time too. I'm really feeling the end of the Summer grumps.... wishing I had more time with my kiddos. I'm really going to miss the big kids. I look forward to the fun we will have with just the littles at home, but it's really just not the same without everyone there. But anyway, this was a fun "last movie" and I think they all enjoyed it.
- Friday night, we had had a lazy afternoon, after Liberty Park, and that normally leads to grumpiness, but for some reason everyone was in a really good mood! It was so cute! I just had a few things I wanted to make sure I remember. Brad was carrying Erika around on his back, talking about their pet kitty (aka: Noah). Erika had the biggest smile on her face and it really just made Brad look so old and big! She has a fun big brother in him! I can only imagine what kinds of things he will be for her. I love that. Charity and Kelly were total buds! They were doing all kinds of crazy wrestling and who knows what else in their room, then they would come out giggling so hard they could barely talk, to tell us about it.... I love it when they're so happy! Luke and Brad were having fun together too, they got hung up on Erika's toy. I guess they thought the voice of the little music it plays was funny, they could hardly contain themselves.... they were actually rolling. on. the. floor. laughing. Made the rest of us laugh too :). Erika thought it was funny, so she kept pushing it so that they would laugh some more. Before scriptures, the kids were fighting over who got to sit by me (I'm so popular :) ) and Charity gave up her seat, right next to me, so that Brad could have it. Without even being asked. It was cool to me. I'm glad she has that in her, to even think about it. Doesn't happ[en like that everyday but when it does, I'm happy :). Then during scriptures, when it was Noah's turn, he wanted to "read all by himself" like he always does, which means he would like to be facing and holding the book just as if he was reading, but have someone else tell him the words. Sometimes it's a little awkward, depending on who is helping him, but tonight it was Kelly and she was so sweet, she put it right in front of him and then awkwardly read from the side to help him. It just looked really sweet, and I was happy that she was being so sweet to him. And THEN when we were tucking kids in, Noah asked me to "go get his cwappy hand" (his clappy hand toy, that is used for making noise, for some reason he wanted it right as he was going to bed... just made me chuckle), and Erika and Kelly had a few tricks to show me on their beds. Just cute. It was an unusually lovely evening (minus my piercing headache that refuses to go away). I love it when things go right.
- Saturday night we went down to Aunt Heidi's house to swim in her pool!! This is something the kids looked forward to and anticipated AAAAAALL Summer. It's become kind of a tradition, for the last 3 years. We had so much fun. Heidi is always so fun with the kids. And her friend John made it fun as well. Brent took some more pictures, so I slacked off and didn't even get my camera out of the car.... hopefully they will share :). We had chicken salad sandwiches and other yummies, and watched Meet The Robinsons (since I dropped the ball and forgot to pick up Clifford at Steve's :*( ) That was a bit of a bummer. But we had so much fun! The perfect way to top off the Summer!
No comments:
Post a Comment