"You are not here to live a mediocre to average life; you are here to live an amazing life, a miraculous life. If it weren't for your challenges, there would be no miracles. You must do that which seems impossible, for it is only in the impossible that miracles are had." - author unknown, but very respected

Saturday, January 2, 2016

Divine Signatures

I've talked a lot about how much this baby moves and how she does it at just the right time too.  How anytime I worry about her, she moves.  Well, it occurred to me the other day, and I think this was a spiritual prompting, that that little miracle is a blessing for choosing to have an 8th child.  I know big families are not for everyone, I would never suggest that someone have more kids than they WANT to have.  Meaning= I WANT to have eight kids, this is the family I always wanted and thought I wasn't going to get to have.  But at the same time- I know that this is what Heavenly Father wanted for us.  He has blessed us so much to be able to provide for and raise this family in the way that we feel is pleasing to him.  I KNOW that we have received special blessings for being willing to carry out this plan.  It was pretty cool to think that I was essentially getting special treatment :).  I hope we can continue to receive the blessings that he has for us.  And I hope I can be constantly aware of these little things that He is doing for me on a very regular basis.  I don't really feel like I deserve it all, but if that's what I get- I'll take it :).  Made me happy to think that we are carrying out His will.  7-29-15

We got some bad news that kind of put me in a bit of a funk.  I don't know if Jack can sense that or what, but he came up to me randomly and just gave me a big hug and a kiss!  Out of no where and it was completely unsolicited.  Felt like a little hug from my Heavenly Father.  8-3-15

While we were all couch potato-ing yesterday, the baby started moving around a TON, like she usually does (this baby is an acrobat!), and I decided to show the kids by putting the remote on my belly.  I thought maybe with how hard she was flopping around that she might push the remote off.  That didn't happen, I think because she stops moving as much when she notices pressure on the outside.  But she kept moving enough that the remote was wobbling all over the place!  It was so cute to see the kids direct all of their attention to their soon-to-be little sister, and enjoy that moment together.  There were so many giggles and questions and smiles.  I LOVED it!!  Makes all the torture I am going through totoally worth it!  I loved that Luke came right over by me and wanted to put his hand on it to feel her move.  Erika sat and chuckled with each of the baby's hiccups.  It was so sweet!  They already have this connection- it's so cute!!!  It was such a nice little tender mercy in the middle of a very funky day.  I am so grateful my Heavenly Father blesses me with those moments.  I don't know what I would do without the constant reassurance that he is there and watching out for me. 8-3-15

While we were at IKEA and all the way home, I was in excruciating pain!  It was so unbelievably painful!  No real consistency to the strange contractions, and really they weren't real bad, just different.  But I seriously wasn't sure I would make it home.  I've been nervous about my uterus rupturing lately and I know that one of the only signs of that is pain, so pain is a little stressy.  I assume it will be more pain than I have felt, but worry that it will be more pain than I have felt!  It's going to be bad if it does happen.  I guess I can always watch for blood too... but that's when it's getting to the more dangerous stages.  So anyway.  I was in all this pain and when we finally got home I laid down on the couch.  I was so shaky and tired from it all, Nate sat down by me and held my hand for a minute, so sweet, and I just laid here hoping it would all go away.  It was really strange because it actually all went away.  That never happens :).  I felt almost fine just an hour later.  It was so cool.  I knew I needed to get up and paint the trim in Erika's room while I could so I did that, and a few other things like laundry and dishes and the pain was still gone!  It was so cool.  Sometimes when that happens I find out that Nate has prayed for me or something, but this time I asked him and he hadn't and neither had I!  I was so surprised.  Heavenly Father had just taken the pain away for me.  Without me even asking.  I felt very blessed, loved and grateful that he would do that for me.

I've experienced quite a few little "Heavenly Father loves me" moments these past few days.  There's been so much pain associated with this pregnancy.  I have no idea what it is.  None of it has caused any bleeding or actual labor, so I am thankful for that.  I keep having these moments where I feel like it's the end and my uterus is going to rupture and I"m going to lose my life or this baby and then I get relief.  Either pain relief, a sweet hug from someone, a cute little jab in the bladder from this little sweetie, or whatever it ends up being, but it's been incredible to feel so much love and support from my Heavenly Father.  I am so grateful for Him!  8-27-15

I can't be more grateful for the tender mercy of feeling this baby move every time I get nervous about her still being there.  She is still doing it.  Heavenly Father keeps comforting me.  I'm in awe.  8-29-15

No comments: