FEDERAL HOLIDAY
Monday we had no school! I was SO looking forward to this. I am always torn between wanting to take advantage of all the help and time and just clean the house all day, and wanting to spoil them rotten and just party the day away! I found a happy medium. They had to get their rooms cleaned by 10:00 (grocery pickup time- yes, I'm still hooked) and I took them to Keva Juice (and Fiiz for Bradley) as a reward. They loved that! After that we came home and played games most of the day. For FHE "I taught" a lesson about service (really, these kids teach me about service everyday... they really are so thoughtful and know way more about serving others than me...). Then we went to SKY trampoline park to take advantage of their Federal Employee Discount! (half off is pretty worth it!) The kids had a blast! Couple of injuries, but overall, it was a fun time! WE even got to use the gopro :). Day 1 of our two day break was a success :). 1-18-16
DAY 2
I put the kids in partnerships and each group had to clean two or three rooms before noon :). At noon we started researching movies (that was their reward) and found "The Good Dinosaur" but it started in only 20 minutes!! I've never seen us get out the door as fast as we did! Even having to dress Molly and such. It was pretty awesome really. We got to the Bountiful theater at 12:53 (8 minutes late) and still ended up watching about 20 min of previews! We loved the movie. I loved sitting by Jack and hearing all of his comments and emotions. He really feels things for the characters and gets into it... kinda cute. After the movie we hurried home to get ready to go do Noah's baptism photos. We left Charity in charge and Kelly made dinner... things are getting really nice in this area :). We all sat around wishing our two day break could have been longer :). Well, all of us except Erika... she is SO excited to go back to school tomorrow!! Cute girl. 1-19-16
NOAH RAN WITH THE PACK!
So pack meeting wasn't a new thing for Noah this week, but I think sitting up on the front row in a cub scout uniform was!! I loved looking up there and seeing his cute little head on the front row. He's growing up! I think he felt pretty awesome being the enw scout that gets to run with the pack. He had a big, proud, smile on his face the whole time :). We're hoping he'll earn his bobcat by next pack meeting :). 1-20-16
SLUFFING
I left Molly home while I went to the girls' NAL game yesterday which ended up being a HUGE mistake! The judge would NOT stop talking!!! I couldn't believe how many times he stopped the clock to talk about the "dumb questions" and trying to figure out how he could give the other team more points and all of the instructions he kept giving the audience, wanting us all to figure out the answers to the questions when the teams couldn't... UGH!! It was SO ANNOYING! The game ended up being a WHOLE HOUR longer than it's supposed to be! 12 min per quarter so it's probably normally an hour and a half with breaks in between quarters and incidental things, but SERIOUSLY!!! We didn't get home until 10 to 6:00!! This totallly screwed up my evening. Erika wasn't able to do her meat ball dinner, Nate had to deal with a hungry Molly. I grabbed some crappy meatballs on my way home, threw those in the oven, left Charity and Bradley home while the rest of us rushed off to pack meeting for Luke and Noah. Thankfully Charity was able to get the meatballs out for us and even made the sauce- such a good girl!! Nate had put the potatoes in to boil while I was at the game, so we did have that. But anyway- things were hectic!! I opted out of (or sluffed :) ) the fireside that night so that I wasn't ditching Nate with Molly again. She's not the easiest baby when she's hungry. What baby is? SO anyway- I hate it when things go like this and we're rushed through our evening like crazy people! It all worked out though and I was able to relax and work on Noah's invitation. 1-20-16
JUDGING BRADLEY
Sounds like Bradley had a great time with the science fair judging :). He's so brave, so awesome. I love that he said, "I think I only got one that scored 1." I'm proud of him. 1-21-16
No comments:
Post a Comment