"You are not here to live a mediocre to average life; you are here to live an amazing life, a miraculous life. If it weren't for your challenges, there would be no miracles. You must do that which seems impossible, for it is only in the impossible that miracles are had." - author unknown, but very respected

Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Things to Remember Week of 10-2-16

SABBATH
Since Nate had Sunday off too, we got to enjoy the entire sabbath day with him there :).  It was very nice for him to be able to watch all of conference with us and go on walks with the kids and of course- enjoy Charity's gourmet cooking :).  10-2-16

REPENTANCE
Cute Jack on Sunday morning-
Jack (waking me up with a big smile :) ): Mom! Um... I take something and then I put it back! Sorry :)!
Me (waking up :) ): What?  What did you take?
Jack: Um... a candy cane!
Me (weirded out a little): Where did you get a candy cane?
Jack: In da black bag.  I sorry :).
Me: It's okay, sweetie, thank you for being honest and telling Mommy!  Good job putting it back!
Jack: I say a prayer and telled Heavenly Father I sorry!

How cute is that!  He was so proud of himself and felt so good about it all that he just came and confessed :).  Made my day before it even started.  Then I came downstairs and asked Noah if he knew anything about candy canes in a black bag...

Noah: No, but Jack was stealing some tootsie rolls and hiding under the table :).  When I asked him what he was doing and if he was hiding something he told me it was just his fingers :).  So I told him he was making a bad choice and needed to put them back and repent!  So I told him how to say a prayer and tell Heavenly Father he is sorry.  He was so cute when he did it!  He didn't even eat the tootsie rolls :).

Happy Mom Moment :).
10-2-16

ERRANDS
Went with my mom out to Sandy to check out the area in which she is looking to buy a house.  Looked like a nice neighborhood.  Not sure why she would want to move away from her only grandkids though.  But really, a very nice place.  Then we came back and picked up my groceries, dropped them off and then headed up to the mall to exchange my new running shoes.  After one run and a day with the new shoes, I was needed different ones.  They were so great for relieving the shin splints, but everything else seemed more painful and the weird blister I got on my 4th toe was the kicker.  I did some research about my foot type and shoe selections and found some different ones.  Thanks to my mom for sitting in the car with Molly, I was able to get some different ones.  Hopefully they will do the trick.  10-3-16

AP
Charity's been drowning in homework every night with her two AP classes.  It's been crazy to witness.  I think she's actually staying afloat though.  I've been really proud of her and her motivation and endurance.  She's really pushing herself and doing really well.  Everyone really dramatizes the whole AP thing, including the teachers (I almost feel like they make it worse by explaining how hard it's going to be), talking about how "they're going to cry every night for the first month" and making it sound so horrible.  And it is a lot more homework, but I keep wondering if it would be all that noticeable if it wasn't an AP class with all the hype.  Oh well.  Charity has risen above it for the most part.  I'm really proud of her.  She got to go on a field trip on Wednesday where they did some research at the Sewage Treatment Plant and then got to try India food at Taste of India afterwards.  (yep, we both went there two days in a row :) )  She loved it and felt all special to have her teacher buying her lunch :).  With great responsibility comes great privilege :).  I think she's loving that.  10-5-16

MUTUAL
I think I'm still just going to talk about Mutual every week even though I don't get to go.  I miss it still.  They went on a hike up to Ensign Peak this week as a combined youth.  The girls came home happy for the first time since we combined wards.  It was a relief.  Nate got to go too and really enjoyed it.  I'm glad he gets to be in YM now.  10-5-16

CARNIVAL
They did the school carnival in the fall this year rather than the Spring to avoid having to cancel for rain.  Luckily the rain stopped this Thursday and they were able to have it :).  The kids look forward to this so much!  I'm glad they got to go.  I wish I could have been there with them the whole time.  It took us so long to eat dinner and get jobs and homework done, we didn't get there til 6:00 and I had to leave at 7:00 for Round table.  Kind of a bummer.  But I do feel like I'm developing a scout mind.  I feel like that is necessary for me to fulfill my calling.  It's not my favorite so I feel like I'm having to force myself a little, but I think this can really help me.  I loved sitting by Mrs. Piper while I was there too :).  The kids came home with SO MANY LITTLE TOYS!!  They were thrilled!!  10-6-16

HKRS
We had our races this week. or the nice sunny weather.  It really couldn't have been better, slight breeze... The kids were all pumped!  They're all trying so hard to get a better time each week.  Shaving a few seconds (or more for some of them) each week.  I'm really proud of them!  This week was similar to the others, although Jack's "broken leg" kept him from running.  I think I might need to take him in for that soon.  There's really something wrong with it.  I just can't get past the "I had a dream that I got hit by a car." when I asked him how he hurt it.  So he played on the swing and screamed at me every couple of minutes to come push him in between cheering for the kids.  Erika came in very first in her age group.  WAY ahead of everyone else in her group.  It was really cool!  She really has it!  She said this time it felt like it was WAY shorter than last time.  Hmmm.  Kinda cool.  Noah did the same thing, ran in about 10-15 seconds before the next person in his age group.  Pretty awesome!  Noah is amazing.  He starts out so fast, compared to everyone who is pacing themselves, and then just keeps up this crazy pace the WHOLE TIME! He's fun to watch.  Luke was going to take my stop watch so he could keep his speed up, but we forgot it.  He was able to come in second place this time though!  Pretty awesome.  Bradley too!  Which is saying a lot because he is up against the Middle School kids who are on track teams and such and train everyday!  I wish I could get these kids to train a little more- they used to run all the time!!  This is what happens when I sign them up for things.  It's just like how Charity and Kelly loved dancing until they took a dance class.  Oh well.  They're doing amazing!  No complaints really.  So lots of fun!  I think we're looking at a couple of trophies next week- pretty exciting :).  10-6-16

STATE CAPITOL
Bradley was SO excited to be going on a field trip on his birthday!  It was also Nate's day off, so Nate got to go with him!  What a fun way to spend your birthday.  Well, the State Capitol was less than exciting, but anything is better than the same old if you ask me.  10-7-16

LACROSSE
I got to go to Kelly's game this week since Grandpa Hatch was invited I let Nate go to Erika's.  It was a pretty fun game- Kelly was rockin' it!  She is getting so good!  Totally blocked a shot and everything!  It's a lot of fun to watch.  I wish they had won, but I guess they only win when I'm not there- just like NAL last year.  Hopefully the girls get better by next Spring.  Kelly's getting anxious to tryout for the Junior Varsity team this coming Spring!  I can't wait!!  10-8-16

SURRENDER
Whenever I get Little Caesar's Pizza for dinner I have this overwhelming feeling of "I lost".  I lost the battle with my life and couldn't carry it all out.  It's like surrendering.  Saturday was like that.  Not horrible, but bad enough that I gave in.  Better luck next week I guess.  10-8-16


No comments: