"You are not here to live a mediocre to average life; you are here to live an amazing life, a miraculous life. If it weren't for your challenges, there would be no miracles. You must do that which seems impossible, for it is only in the impossible that miracles are had." - author unknown, but very respected

Sunday, October 16, 2016

Things to Remember Week of 10-9-16

MY THING
I got to introduce myself in Primary this Sunday.  I brought my stocking to start off with my one cool thing- being born on Christmas :).  Then I showed them a few other things I like to do- kickball with my kids, cake decorating, my family picture, etc.  I totally forgot my camera!  I was super nervous in Junior Primary for some reason- shaking uncontrollably- but seemed to loosen up a little in Senior.  Cute Khison Smith came and told me I did a "great job on your.... thing, today!"  So sweet!  I just love Primary!  I love being in that room all their sweet, powerful, little Spirits :).  They make me happy.  I told the kids if they come to my house and tell me something I don't know about them, I will give them a treat :).  Nobody has come though, so I think I might start making the rounds on Sundays, just to meet some of the kids.  I feel like I need to get to know the Ponds Park kids better.  I can't lock their names in my head.  Maybe a little one on one will help :).  10-9-16

BROKEN LEG
Ever since Buddy got hurt, Jack has been telling us that his leg is broken too.  We didn't really buy it at first and just played along, thinking he was just playing.  But after a week or so of him telling me he can't run or walk fast, skipping his race, not going out in the back yard to play because his leg hurts, no trampoline, etc.  I thought it was time to go have it looked at.  Unfortunately there wasn't anything to diagnose.  Jack limps and that's all.  Dr. Tew ran over a few scenarios with blood tests or CAT scans, etc, and then said to watch him for another two weeks.  He printed off an order to have all that work done in the event that he's still in pain, but sent us on our way.  I guess I didn't really think he would be able to tell us anything, but I was still bummed there wasn't something more we could do for him.  Tylenol and Ibuprofen are not solutions to me.  I was hoping it was a pulled groin or something.  So anyway.  I guess time will tell.  He keeps going back and forth between it feeling a little better and then uncontrollable sobbing about how much it hurts.  So who knows!  10-10-16

FHE
For Family Night Luke taught us about Repentance.  He was very concise, but very complete.  I was proud of him.  Did it all by himself!  Erika did Drumsticks for the treat and Noah had us play sardines for the game :).  He had wanted to do a game that he made up outside in the yard, but it got too dark.  Bummer.  Next time!  10-10-16

TEMPLE TUESDAY
We had six girls (counting Charity and Kelly) to go to the temple on Tuesday morning!  All from the Shadowbrook ward :).  It was a lot of fun.  I'm glad they're still going :).  10-11-16

HOPE SQUAD
I just have to document how much I love that Kelly has the Hope Squad this year!  She has been enjoying it so much!  I LOVE what it has done to her confidence level and what it has done to strengthen and exercise one of her greatest qualities and that is her nurturing spirit.  I love that she has that to focus on.  10-12-16

FLAG FOOTBALL
Bradley and Nate got to go to Flag Football Church ball style this week.  That was a lot of fun for them.  I'm so glad they get to experience all those things together and that Bradley has Nate there with him.  They won by LOTS of points to the Shadowbrook ward.  Imagine that :).  Then came home for the latest dinner we have had in a VERY long time!  I totally screwed up and dinner took WAY longer than I'd planned (pressure cooker follies), so we were all showered, ready for bed, scriptures read, and THEN had dinner.  Lame.  And it wasn't even as good as I had hoped it would be.  Such a bummer.  10-13-16

DEEP CLEAN FRIDAY
We worked on the little boys' room this week.  Kind of out of order, but it DESPERATELY needed it!  And have for the past... almost year!  How embarrassing.  So we spent about an hour and a half cleaning it up.  Threw away a WHOLE garbage bag of stuff (hopefully things they didn't want).  Sweet little Noah is definitely a sentimental little guy.  He saves EVERYTHING- takes after Nate and I- so we did have to be really careful not to get rid of anything special.  And keeping things within Jack's reach that are his, but things that are not- out- is always a bit of a challenge.  But I'm happy to say- you can see the floor, the vacant aquariums (and the frog skeletons that were in them) are gone!  I told you it was bad.  Now it's good- and we can sleep better tonight knowing nobody is going to die walking through there, and nobody is going to choke on a bullet shell.  10-14-16

BRADLEY'S LAST BIRTHDAY TABLE
It's weird to have experienced the "last _____"'s on everything with the girls and know what follows.  It makes these moments with Bradley more meaningful and makes me cherish them a little more.  I know that I am going to miss birthday table with him because I miss it with the girls.  It's such a bummer that kids have to grow out of things.  This was a nice time with Bradley though- I really enjoyed it.  He's a sweetheart and told us all about his day- all the things he's winning for TTM (seriously, these teachers are going to go broke with all the incentives!).  Even shared his Sprite with Jack Jack.  10-14-16

BIKE RODEO
This was totally lame this year.  It felt like they were completely unprepared for the thing.  Kinda frustrates me when all they can think to do is a drawing for prizes.  Have I mentioned i get sick of kids winning things for nothing.  10-14-16

MOVIE NIGHT
I made the kids do some serious cleaning on the house this week so we were in line to earn a Movie Night by getting a 10 today.  They all worked so hard!  I was really proud of them.  There was only a little fighting, but they did it!  Angry Birds again, but they got their snacks and all was well :).  So grateful for these kiddos.  10-14-16

FEELING ACCOMPLISHED
Saturday was one of those days that I had SO much on the agenda that I couldn't stop.  There was no down time and no breaks.  This doesn't happen too often, but I was pretty proud of myself for all that we got done!  And I say "WE" because there's no way it could have all happened if it weren't for Nate and the kids.  We had lots of help.  We had Lacrosse in the morning.  Nate took Erika and Bradley in his car to Sandy and I quickly got the rest of the kids out the door in the Suburban to meet up with them at Erika's Lacrosse for a short little visit.  We left after 20 minutes or so to get Kelly up to her game in Riverton.  We watched Kelly's game and then Me, Charity, Erika, Jack and Molly dashed out of there to go to the fabric store and get materials for Charity's poodle skirt.  I shouldn't have putt his one off, but I couldn't leave Charity high and dry without a costume for the Regional dance.  So we hurried home and sewed a poodle skirt :).  It was almost easier than the tutorial on Google and there were almost no hangups, even from my sewing machine for which I will be eternally grateful.  Normally those last-minute, hurried sewing sessions are the ones with the most complications.  I guess I did break a needle, but luckily I had extras right there, ready to go and it was a minor setback.  It turned out pretty cute!  I hope we got a picture of it.  Then it was time to go take pictures of the Clarks at the ponds.  We did that for a quick 30 minutes, grabbed Bradley and Noah who were fishing, and hurried home to get ready for my dad with Bradley!  This is when the day slowed down and got way more relaxing for me, probably not for Nate, but things were pretty much done.  I was so relieved that everything had happened when I needed it to and gone very smoothly. Felt really hectic at the time, but we were definitely blessed.  10-15-16

BIRTHDAY DATE WITH BRADLEY
Bradley had a hard time choosing where he wanted to go on our date, but I loved what he came up with when it came time to go :).  He chose to go to Tepanyaki for dinner and then a movie.  We had a great time watching our food cooked in front of us.  Bradley really got into that, it was a lot of fun to hear his insights.  We decided we were glad the guy didn't mess up spinning his spatula thing around because it was almost as sharp as his knife!  He loved the volcano and loved watching the people next to us after our guy was done with ours.  He got a kick out of the little boy at our table who kept making funny comments.  It's fun how much Bradley enjoys little kids.  I was happy to see that he also liked eating the food.  We both kept commenting on how good everything looked so I'm glad he liked what he got.  Kept snacking on it out of the to-go box all evening :).  So after Tepanyaki up in Clearfield, we drove down to Halladay for Pete's Dragon (it was the closest theater that had the movie he wanted!), stopping at Dollar Tree for movie treats and to get gas in Bountiful.  The movie was great!  We both loved it.  We both felt like it was super sad though.  Almost too much sad.  Bradley liked everything from the hunt to the end of the movie (the action of course :) ).  There was a little boy behind us that kept Brad laughing throughout because he was "so cute" too.  Again, he's such a sweet boy.  I'm so glad I have Bradley in my life.  I really don't know what I'd do without him.  He really plays a crucial role in this family and probably much bigger as life goes on.  I really am so proud of him.  Wish we could go out more often!  10-15-16


No comments: