ERIKA'S BIRTHDAY
Erika woke at about 2:00am on her birthday with a tummy ache! I was so sad for her, but couldn't help but be the first one to wish her a happy birthday :). I think she was just anxious for her birthday because she slept the rest of the night next to me and felt fine in the morning.
She was so cute that morning, just really bright and happy :). She saw her adorable sign made by yours truly :). She got to have crepes for breakfast and then off to school! I tried to talk her into staying home and playing with me all day, but she wouldn't. So I spent most of the day making her cake. Nate spent it running around getting things for me and his venison project. Erika got to hand out her treats to her class. Then when she got home she and I worked on her Legos that Grandpa Hatch had given her the night before. He had come over after Charity's play because he wasn't able to come to the party the day of. Once Charity and Kelly got home, we went swimming! We had so much fun! Kelly and Erika kind of buddied up and played together most of the time. Erika was so happy she was tall enough to go on the slide on her own. Nate ran around with Jack and Noah a lot of the time, in the shallow end, playing tag or something. Molly and I made about a thousand rounds in the lazy river :). She sure got comfortable with the water quickly! That was fun for both of us. She also got to play with Charity and Bradley. Charity, Bradley and Luke spent a lot of time playing basketball. Unfortunately the diving board pools were being used for the swim teams. So much fun though! I hope Erika enjoyed it. After that we raced home to eat pizza, get dressed and looking "nice enough" for the Ward Pie Night and let Erika open a few presents. We just couldn't decide between the Pie Night and Erika's party so we crammed both into one evening!
After Pie Night we came home and she blew out her candles and got to open the rest of her presents.
We ate her "cake" and then went to bed! It was a full day! I think she enjoyed it though. Grandma Ruthie and Grandpa Russ sent her a really cute card with a little bracelet attached. That was pretty thoughtful considering they are in the hospital with Grandpa's heart surgery. Grandma Hatch wasn't feeling well that day so she came by the next day to spoil her. Erika was very loved and spoiled rotten- I'd say the birthday was a success :). 11-10-16
No comments:
Post a Comment