SHARING TIME
Stunk it up again. Better luck next time? Hopefully? 12-4-16
GRANDPA RUSS AND GRANDMA RUTHIE
Grandma needed a ride home from the hospital Sunday night and we weren't busy, so we volunteered. We decided to go up a little early so that we could go see Grandpa. Most of the kids hadn't seen him in a couple months so it was a lot of fun. And a big surprise at how well he looked and was doing! I couldn't believe the color in his face and how with it he was. Very alert- calling the kids over by name- joking around. It was a lot of fun. It was great to hear that he will probably be going home on Wednesday or Thursday! Pretty crazy. I hope, for Ruth's sake, that he's actually ready to come home :). But great news! Molly got unhappy and Jack had just woken up from the drive there, though, so we weren't able to stay real long. We gave hugs and said goodbye. It was nice to talk with Ruth on the way to her house. She sounded really upbeat and mostly excited for him to be coming home. 12-4-16
NOT NOTICEABLE
I spent the ENTIRE day, Monday, cleaning and organizing the house and doing laundry and dishes. There was nothing else on my schedule and that's ALL I did!! I was so proud of myself! I even got things to the point where I was able to put up a bunch of our Christmas decorations/nativites. I felt so productive!! But by the time everyone got home and we got busy getting the tree and putting it up- it was almost not noticeable how much work I had done! It was such a bummer. I learned that I do this stuff for recognition. Too bad. 12-5-16
SOCIAL
I think I got a whole month's worth of socializing crammed into 2 days this week. With meetings for Primary and PTA and then the Relief Society night and Visiting Teaching... UGH! Kinda crazy. And probably not the best timing for me emotionally. But I survived and had a lot of fun. I don't know why I stress about this stuff so much and let it worry me. All is well. 12-7-16
GRANDPA RUSS IS GETTIN' OUT
Nate got to go up to the hospital today to take his dad home! Almost 60 days since his admission. I can't believe he's been there that long! We're so glad he's doing well enough to go home though! This is big! His kidney is functioning, most of the infection is gone, he's eating, walking, and doing a lot of things on his own. It's cute to see how excited Ruth is to have him home, setting up the new chair and ottoman, and table in the living room. Trying to get things all comfy for him. It's really great! I'm so glad that he has fought his way through this. I don't think we could afford to lose our Grandpa right now! Hopefully he is back to 100% soon. 12-8-16
WARD PARTY
We had our ward party on Saturday evening. It was a lot of fun. The Primary Presidency was in charge of a kid craft so we helped the kids make little ornaments with Reindeer thumbprints on them. They were adorable. It was a little chaotic with Nate working and me trying to juggle everything myself, but it turned out okay. I was happy everyone liked my Coconut Lime Chicken soup (Aka: Thai soup). I am starting to feel more comfortable with the new ward. 12-10-16
No comments:
Post a Comment