"You are not here to live a mediocre to average life; you are here to live an amazing life, a miraculous life. If it weren't for your challenges, there would be no miracles. You must do that which seems impossible, for it is only in the impossible that miracles are had." - author unknown, but very respected

Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Things Remember Week of 11-27-16

KAYSVILLE LIGHT PARADE
This year's light parade was a hit!  Everyone had all their snow stuff on and seemed to stay pretty warm minus Molly who I screwed up and forgot her mittens (ugh!).  She got pretty grumpy by the end.  The kids walked up the street while we were waiting for it to start (almost an hour late!) to get donuts and hot chocolate.  They played with the Maughans.  We all love this tradition!  The actual parade is so short, I'm not sure we're really there for IT, but it was a lot of fun as well.  They threw candy in the slush and the kids were hesitant to pick it up, which was funny, but ah, tradition.  This year they also gave out these adorable puppy and kitty stuffed animals!  And these are NICE stuffed animals to be handing out during a wet parade!  I was impressed :).  There's still something inside of me that wants a stuffed animal when they're being handed out for free like that :), like for myself... luckily I had some self-control.  But it was fun to see my kids get them :).  Bradley got two and gave one to Jack and one to Kelly, then Kelly turned around and gave hers to Kate!  Nate walked Molly right up to them and got her one, that was super cute.  So way cool!!  I LOVED the little note Kate left on our doorstep that night for Kelly, thanking her... so adorable!!  Made Kelly feel awesome.  It was just a really fun night.  I got to talk to Emily to top it off :).  Good times.  We're changing our tree decorating tradition of doing it the first FHE after Thanksgiving and postponing it a week just so that we can accommodate the parade :).  Works out good this year with Thanksgiving being so early.  Anyway- bring on Christmas! 11-28-16

CUTE
Jack insists that he's not cute :).  Every time I tell him otherwise he says, "I not cute!" or "Boys not cute!"  He's funny :).

I've been taking advantage of Jack's ego lately.  He knows he's super strong and talks about his big muscles all the time, so I preface any favors I need him to do with, "Hey Jack, do you think your big muscles could do _________?" or "Are your muscles big enough to do _______?" or "Could you and your big muscles do ______?"  It's funny how quickly he will do something knowing it's because of his big muscles :).  He picked up a box with his hands and foot and then got it up on top of his head before taking it out to the recycle bin.  Looked like he was showing off :).  Made Luke and I laugh :).  This whole muscles thing was really effective on Bradley too, when he was Jack's age, so I'm glad I remembered it and was able to pull it out of my back pocket :).  For some reason this wasn't a big thing for Luke and Noah.  11-30-16

Ya know what you do with your hands after you get powder or sand on them, when you wipe them off on each other to get it off- well, that's Molly's new thing :).  After EVERY THING she does!  It's adorable!  It was really fun to see her doing it with the hand sanitizer at the hospital visiting Grandpa Russ today.  Made me laugh :).  12-1-16

GRANDMA RUTHIE
We were signed up to pick up Ruth today to take her to the hospital.  It's always good to see her and spend a little time together.  She sure has had to go out of her comfort zone with all this hospital business.  I hope she is relieved of that trial soon and able to get back to her normal routine.  It's gotta be hard to watch your best friend and sweetheart suffering and not have him to take care of you at the same time.  She's amazing though- she's stayed extremely positive through it all.  I just love her and hope she is going to come out okay.  We didn't really get to see Russ, he was sleeping the whole time we were there.  But it was a nice visit with Grandma.  We just keep praying for him to get better I guess!  12-1-16

DATE NIGHT
We FINALLY got a real date night!  Feels like it's been FOREVER!  I'm sure it hasn't, but still.  These mandatory overtime shifts every Friday evening are starting to take their toll.  So I was VERY happy to hear Nate had his Friday off and that we would be going on a date :).  Thanks to Charity we were able to go out.  Nate planned a really nice evening.  We went to Brio in City Creek- a really nice Italian restaurant with really delicious food!  I LOVED it.  I especially loved the atmosphere.  After that we shopped around a little, then walked over to Temple Square.  I LOVED Temple Square this year!  It triggered so many memories from when we were dating.  It's funny that those triggers go back to then when we've been back to temple square almost every year since then.  And it's not like it's changed a whole lot :).  I love how they decorate with the nativities and all the luminarias.  The bubble lights are a favorite and of course all the beautiful trees.  We made a stop over at "our spot" and reminisced a little.  It was really fun.  I just LOVE temple square!  Can't get enough of the place!  We decided to do our traditional train ride down there next Monday with the kids.  Getting it in early this year :).  I think we've gone after Christmas the last couple years.  It's one of my favorite traditions, but after asking the kids- I think I'm the only one :).  So after temple square we went to see Fantastic Beasts.  I liked the movie, but I was having serious issues with my legs and my itchy scalp.  Sounds disgusting.  But I was basically restless and couldn't get comfortable.  Then I dozed off a couple times too.  I was kind of a drag I guess, but Nate loved it!  I'm glad he got to see it, he's been wanting to.  It was such a nice break and relaxing time.  I'm so grateful for Nate and the love he constantly shows me.  I don't know what I'd do without him.  I just love him.  12-2-16

SATURDAY
A full day!  We went to Erika's game in the morning- she rocked it!!  The girl is fearless!  I just LOVE watching her play.  Then Nate went to work and shortly after, I went to Elise Nielson's baptism.  It was fun to sit there with Barbara- love that woman!- and Elise looked beautiful!  It was a really neat day.  I'm so grateful for the opportunity to witness baptisms.  There's such an amazing Spirit that accompanies that ordinance.  It's so neat.  We ran over to the Gardens chapel after to set up the chairs for our practice the next day.  When I got home, the kids loaded up in the car and we made it to about 4 stores to pick out gifts for friends and get supplies for our homemade gifts for each other.  It didn't end up being quite as productive as I had wanted, nobody seemed ready to commit to anything (one of the downsides to going out early).  Then we headed home with our pizza and waited for Nate to come home with the mounting kit for the TV.  Then Nate spent a while installing that.  I wasn't sure if I'd like it, but I think I do!  Which is good since it was my idea :).  We needed more sitting room in our family room.  Plus, I think TV stands look junky- well ours did.  The urgency to do it now came when I realized that if we moved the TV up above the fireplace, we'd be able to move the loveseat from the living room down to make room for the Christmas tree!  Which I couldn't be happier about!!!  The family room feels roomier :) and more homey.  I like that a lot.  12-3-16

No comments: