BEAR LAKE FOR UEA
Jared and Grandma Ruthie invited us up to Bear Lake with them for UEA. It was so nice of my Dad to let us stay at his place. It ended up being the perfect weekend. Minus a few little details, but I don't think we want to remember those? Thursday we drove up, stopped for breakfast at IHOP (Luke's choice) on the way there. We grabbed some groceries in Logan, then pressed on. We hurried off to swim at Grandma's condo after we'd gotten there and settled. The kids LOVED all the swimming we did with the cousins. Probably the most favorite thing we did. I swam with them that first day, teaching Charity and then Erika some swimming techniques. It was fun. I miss swimming. I miss that being my thing and I wish it was my kids' thing so bad. Which makes it even more annoying that most of them don't even know how to swim. Gonna have to do something about that I guess. That night we had Chopped Pizzas (an old favorite of ours) for dinner. Everyone seemed to love them! Still a good one. And we played games til all hours of the night. We introduced the kids to Encore! Friday morning, Nate took Bradley, Luke, and Jack fishing while the rest of the kids and I played games all morning! It was a lot of fun. We relearned how to play Monopoly Millionaire Deal. Fun game. When everyone got back from fishing we had lunch and headed over to Grandma's to swim again. After swimming we hurried back to shower and get cleaned up. Everyone stopped by to check out Grandpa's place, which was a little awkward, but whatever and then we all made our way over to Coopers for dinner. This has become a really fun tradition. This was some of the kids' favorite part of the trip- they had so much fun with their cousins. I loved sitting by Luke and Molly and Jack. Talking about all kinds of things. Teasing Luke about getting a kids meal because he wanted a frisbee :). Love that kid. Lynn filled me in on all the benefits of the Keto diet which I just might try one of these days. We stopped at Grandma's condo for ice cream and games with the cousins- another favorite for a lot of us. It was fun hearing the older kids play Resistance. And watching Noah and Hunter play with Jen and I- fun kids. The ice cream was pretty delicious too- I basically threw all eating plan out the window on this trip. We came back to Grandpa's, played a few more games, and then crawled into bed. In the morning, we mostly just got things cleaned up, packed in the car, and put away. We did squeeze in a few more games of Monopoly Deal. Then we stopped at a Raspberry shake stand on our way out of town. It was a lot of fun!! The kids had a blast, it was relaxing, we had our own family time! It was great! Now back to life. 10-21-17







































































No comments:
Post a Comment