"You are not here to live a mediocre to average life; you are here to live an amazing life, a miraculous life. If it weren't for your challenges, there would be no miracles. You must do that which seems impossible, for it is only in the impossible that miracles are had." - author unknown, but very respected

Saturday, June 15, 2019

Manti Pageant

MANTI PAGEANT
We went to the Manti Pageant for the last time Friday!  I can't even believe this was it!  I hate to see this family tradition go.  I know it's for the best and that our Prophet is doing what he is inspired to do, I have no doubt that this will lead us to better things, but it is still kinda sad to have it end.  Things went much like they usually do- we left a little late, stopped in Day Break for Ruth- she is so fun to come with us these past couple times!  Makes it that much more special!  Then headed down south!  We did hit a little traffic, and then for some reason went a different route, which was slightly a bummer, but actually I think it was a blessing in disguise, because sitting in the back of the car, I may have gotten really carsick on those windy canyon roads through Spanish Fork Canyon.  So maybe it was for the best.  I just picked the quickest route on my phone.  We got there just fine, even earlier than usual, stopped at Subway.  This was a highlight because while we were at Subway, Amy Watson came!  She brought a cute baby gift for us- a box PACKED with cute baby clothes!  And we got to talk for a few minutes.  Then we headed out to the temple, subs in tow.  It was slightly disappointing to find that they had shrunk the blanket section considerably.  We were on the hill.  But not disappointing enough to move to the hard chairs of course :).  We did save one for Ruth, but we tried to make due with the rest of the situation.  We all ate, played games, I loved watching everyone playing Down By The Banks- teaching Molly how to play- super cute.  Even Brad :).  Then we hunkered down for the pageant.  It was cooler than usual this time.  I was glad I brought clothes to add on to Molly, but felt bad I didn't think to get some for Jack.  I forget he's just not on top of those things like some of our other kids have been.  The play was great- seemed shorter and different in several ways.  But we loved it.  Charity was wrapped up like a burrito in her blanket the entire time.  Kelly sat by Ruth for most of it, she and Erika went over there, then Erika moved back.  It was super nice of her to think of Ruth.  Brad laid by Jack, in fact they were super cute together all evening.  He looked like he had slept a little.  Luke was cold and when I moved onto the blanket, took over my seat.  He seemed more comfortable up there.  Noah was in his own little world the whole time.  Wrapped up in his blanket.  And Erika too, once she came over to the grass, she was out.  Jack sat up, and watched the entire pageant!  Especially glued to the volcano scene!  He did move back by Molly and I halfway through- he was cold, poor guy- but I loved watching him watch it.  Molly was less than interested in the play, was super wiggly and couldn't get herself to settle down and watch the show.  Not til the last quarter of it when she finally dozed off.  We got to cuddle though, which was nice.  I was really wimpy this year about how uncomfortable it was to sit on the grass, in the chair, laying on the blanket, and  riding in the back seat.  Not sure what's happened to me this time- I'm a WUSS!!  Nate sat on the chair by me.  We were all anxious to get to the car after, then the hour long wait to get out of the city through all the traffic was another bummer, but eventually we made it to Grandma's and then home!  It was the longest ride home for some reason.  But we survived.  Last last time.  6-14-19

































No comments: