We had a great Memorial Day this year! Went to our ward breakfast, which was also rained out (are you sensing a theme this month?) at the church, and other than Jack tripping and getting a bloody nose, was pretty uneventful and enjoyable. I liked it. I only wish they could do those things a little later in the morning- 8:00 felt early. We came home got our groceries then stopped and picked up a cute balance bike for Molly- 25 BUCKS from someone on KSL! Pretty amazing right! It is even pink and was right here in Farmington, totally on the way home from Walmart! Talk about a blessing! She loves her new bike. We let the kids roam around for a while and then headed out to Nana's grave. It was fun to meet up with my Dad there. He was being cute about the flowers he brought and making them look nice on the graves and stuff. We don't get to see him like that all that often. I liked it. We ate M&Ms, got stood up by Steve, and then had to take off to get up to Grandma Ruthie's for a BBQ. Nate met us up there. This was a lot of fun too. The kids had a blast with their cousins. I'm especially loving the teenagers these days- they have a lot of fun together. Charity wasn't feeling well and kind of crashed on the swing outside and on the rocking chair in the living room. Poor girl and her allergies. 5-27-19
NOAH'S ARROW OF LIGHT
He did it! Not a moment too soon! But we were able to see Noah get his Arrow of Light this week. It was such a relief that we were able to have Brad and Luke there to help as well as Greg and Logan. Pretty fun stuff. Congrats Noah! 5-28-19
SHAMPOO
Much to Jack's dismay, I was making him take a shower in the kids' shower to save time since someone else was in my shower, and it was new to him so he was asking Erika for help. I just really loved hearing Erika call out, over the sound of the water, "Shampoo is the one with the S-H- see?" She totally knew how to help him, was willing, and was making my job easier. Such a cool big sister. I love it when my kids help each other out. Not condescendingly, but really help. Meant a lot and was super cute. 5-28-19
FINISHED THE BOOK OF MORMON
I had another awesome morning of reading the last chapter of the Book of Mormon. It feels so good to finish it, and feel that accomplishment. I have really grown to love the Book of Mormon through all my reading. I think this was another time within six months, which makes me happy. Even with all my Come Follow Me studying too! Pretty proud of myself. But I must say, it really is my favorite thing to study in the morning and probably the one I miss the most when it's been a while- even if I've been working on other things. I have to read it every couple of days or else I notice a drastic difference in the way my day feels. Kinda crazy. But anyway. I love that book! I know it's true! I feel it! 5-29-19
I love field day! Molly and I had a lot of fun this year, running the obstacle course with Emily and Jonah for the first half. Molly took full advantage of being one of the sibs this year. She butted in line every chance she got and went on the course- she actually got REALLY good at climbing up the "ladder" though! I was impressed. She really had a blast. Then we went and got some Cafe Rio- tradition- although this year, it was just Nate, Molly and I, not the entire Field day staff :). Then went back to the school to chaperone Jack's class. This was a lot of fun as well. Although, the good weather didn't hold out for these guys. We got rained on pretty hard by the time they called it and sent us inside. Jack wasn't a big fan of the rain. I think he had fun up until then though! I loved his response when I told him he was the strongest in his class... "No! Pierce is!" BAH! I love his humility :). We checked everyone out and headed home! It was a fun day though! 5-29-19
Nate and Brad wrestling on the couch. Don't hurt the little guy.
Kelly's signs that she slaved over all day, the last day of school! They looked amazing!
We had Jack's last baseball game this week. Jackie got a hit but it went right to first base and he got out. That was a bummer, but I have to say how much I loved watching him play this season! He really got into it and loved it! I was so proud of him! I love picturing him in his ready for the ball stance out in short stop! So cute! I think this was a great sport for him. He enjoys the skill required and that there's not stealing the ball from people or having to be super aggressive. 5-29-19
ERIKA'S LAST GAME
Erika completely outdid herself at this last game! It was SO MUCH FUN to watch!! Kelly, Nate, Molly and I were her crowd, and we spent most of the game cheering! She did so awesome! She was goalie for the first half and did amazing! Blocking SEVERAL shots! She just looked so good out there! Then for the second half she was forward and she just totally dominated the field! She was EVERYWHERE! We keep reminiscing about her awesome kick-while-you're-falling-to-get-the-ball-in-the-one-foot-gap-between-the-pole-and-the-goalie shot!!! It was AWESOME!! Not to mention the stop she put to their attempt at a goal! She came out of nowhere and just put her food right in front of the other team's kick! Nobody could believe it! The crowd sounded so funny!! It was amazing! She did really good. We won 5-2!!! I can't wait for next season! 6-1-19
KELLY'S FRIEND PARTY
Well, the big day came and went! All of our planning and nit-picking paid off :). Kelly's friend party happened! They came, had pizza, went on the Farmington Canyon hike, came back and did nothing that we had planned! HA! Teenagers! But they seemed to be having fun, so that's all that mattered! Even if Nate did slave over a fire in the rain for nothing :). HAHA!! I'm kidding- it really was fun to spoil Kelly and see her being spoiled by some of her friends. It was a neat surprise to have the Taylor's show up with Sierra and Evan! So fun! Happy Birthday Kelz! 6-1-19
No comments:
Post a Comment