I know it was only 3 weeks ago that I posted her 6 months, so not much has changed, but I had to put these adorable pictures on here :) She's doing a lot better with being happy while not being held. She is starting to learn to wave and clap.... still learning, so not quite yet, but it's really fun to watch her learning.
I really can't get enough of her cute little face. I took like a hundred pictures of her the other day.... this is a small sampling.....
Her eyes are to DIE FOR!!!!!! I LOVE this girls' eyes!! Especially the eyelashes :) (my dad teases me about that because I say it ALL THE TIME, so it's not just on the blog :))
(and yes, I am having a hard time not being able to scrape those dried boogers off her nose and wipe her face WAY after the fact.... but that's life I guess right)
this is what Erika looks like when she's not within arm's length of someone who can hold her :) especially Mommy.
her cute smile!!!! And new tooth!!! LOVE the cheeks!!!
Erika has been the exception so far with our 6 kids. Not one of them was as in to putting things in their mouths as she is. She puts EVERYTHING in her mouth. I know that's normal for a lot of babies, but none of mine did this so badly or so long. Funny thing is that when you're actually trying to put something in her mouth (aka: food), she has to TOUCH it first!!! HA! The irony. No, but seriously, I never realized how much of a pain this trait is! She has choked lots. It's tough with little barbie accessories, paper, and well... with 5 young, older siblings, you name it!!! it's on the floor. And then in her mouth. She even sucked on and tore open a cilica gel packet (ya know the stuff that comes in beef jerky, new shoes, etc..... the things that say, "DO NOT EAT. Throw away immediately!" on them.... yeah, so I called poison control and they laughed. Not really as big a deal as they make it sound. Kinda like eating sand. Lucky for Erika it wasn't anything bad. Annoying for me because I really hate calling Poison Control. But either way.... it's just crazy to have to be a lot more careful about what's on the floor. She's keeping us on our toes.
Erika spends a lot of her time being entertained.
by her big brothers.....
outside.....
by Daddy's tickling......
And by these people..... Uncle Steve and Jauslin are like her God Parents (if she had any). They LOVE her so much!! It's fun to watch them play with her and get so excited about everything she does. And she enjoys their constant attention.
And let's not forget her sweet sisters!!! She LOVES them. Erika fell asleep today and Kelly volunteered to take her for me! Love it!! Did I make "Erika fell asleep today" sound enough like a rare occurance? because it is. But look how cute she is when she IS asleep!!! Adorable. And we love her. I still cannot believe she's closer to a year than not!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment