1. On Thursday 6-10-10, we went with Grandpa Hatch to see Shrek 4. We got to see it in 3D, so that was extra cool. Good movie, the kids all watched the whole thing without too much interruption despite the 2 huge drinks they downed within the first 20 minutes. I guess the popcorn soaked up a lot of it probably. Lots of fun though. Reminded me of all the fun things we used to go do with my Dad when we lived here the first time. He's always so generous and spoils the kids so much. Good times.
2. Erika slept through the night 4 nights in a row!!! It was very nice. Not to mention the kids all let me sleep in as well. Doesn't get better than that. I think I've had more sleep in the last week than I have in the last 8 years!
3. On Monday we rearranged the toy/kids' room.... we turned it into 2 separate (kinda) rooms. One for the boys and one for the girls. It looks better to me. We also got rid of a whole bunch of toys. 3 bags to the DI, 1 to the garbage, and 5 boxes to the storage room for getting excited about later. Amazes me how messy the place can STILL get though.... but it's better than it was!
4. Friday, 6-11-10, Kelly wanted to have her friend Canon come over to play. Well, I dialed his number, handed her the phone, and she proceeded to walk out of the room. As she came back in, she was finishing up a voicemail and then handed me the phone. I set it down in front of me here at the computer, while I proceeded to show my mom some of the pictures I had taken of her and Simon. Well, about 2 minutes and 37 seconds later, I had the feeling the phone was still on, and yep, sure enough, the phone had been sitting there, ON, recording our every word, onto Canon's family's voice mail. How's that for embarrassing!!!! Thank goodness Kelly is only 7!! I am still dreading the day when I have to see them again after that..... HOpefully they didn't listen to it all.... do you think you would notice if someone did that on your voicemail? or would have deleted it already? curious....
5. Monday morning, 6-14-10 as I was making some Apple Banana Muffins for my Grandpa, I got the phone call from my Mom that he had passed away in the night. I still can't believe he is gone. I really hate the feelings of regret, that I wasn't there enough, or didn't spend enough time with him the last little while, but I have to keep reminding myself of all the good times I have had with him. Back when he was himself too. It was tough the last few years with the kids.... I know they were a little stressful for him to have running around his house and stuff..... But still. Grandpa taught me so much. I'll never forget him teaching me how to dry the dinner glasses. I want to gather my thoughts and do a whole post about him.... but I think I'll wait till after the funeral. I love my Grandpa. I hope he is happier, and with Grandma. They need each other.
No comments:
Post a Comment