"You are not here to live a mediocre to average life; you are here to live an amazing life, a miraculous life. If it weren't for your challenges, there would be no miracles. You must do that which seems impossible, for it is only in the impossible that miracles are had." - author unknown, but very respected

Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Puzzle Pieces

I have all these random things I want to post about and haven't gotten around to it, so now they are just all going to be lumped into one big post.

This is the drawing that Erika made for me :).  Guess who it is?  Me of course!  Aren't I cute :).  The way I feel about my little toddlers' art, those first little drawings of people with legs and arms that come out of their heads with big eyes and giant smiles, will never be matched!  Not even by the most amazing pieces of artwork.  These are my favorite!! 
 (Okay, maybe I do like the big kid stuff too :)- still, it just tickles my heart to see these newbies- you all know what I'm sayin')

Some things Noah said lately:
"Jack is the awesomest baby."
and 
when I asked him how Mrs. Piper knew so much Chinese to teach him he said, "UH! She's a TEACHER!!!!"  (with the biggest DUH inflection you can imagine)  Love that kid.

When Nate took Kelly her blanket and pillow for the read-a-thon, he went to her class and the substitute came over to tell Kelly's Dad what she just learned about Kelly.  She said that when she asked the class who they thought was the most trustworthy student in the room, they almost all said, "Kelly Maynes!"  Makes a Momma proud!  Now that's cool.

Luke was reading a book (wahoo!!!), one of Bradley's Diary of a Wimpy Kid books, and surprisingly brought it over to me to show me what he had just witnessed in the book- I thought it was funny, but even funnier that he had recognized the humor in it as well.  It was a form letter Thank You note to the kid's Aunts :), where he had typed out the letter leaving blanks for the gifts they'd given.  "Thank you _________ for the _____________.  I really like the way the _________ look on my  ___________.  All of my friends will be jealous of my _______.." (not word for word) but how hilarious is that!  I love those books.  Once I'm done with my book club books, I'll have to start on those :).  And I loved that Luke loved it too.  He knows funny.

One of my little typists, Charity, has reached about 80 wpm and no longer has to take any kind of typing classes at school!  How cool is that!  Quite the accomplishment.

Bradley was SO cheerful and bubbly this morning!  He totally made my day.  It was so nice to not feel the grumps from the inside AND the outside.  He got ready so fast and he's been riding his bike to school every morning since it got warm- even on some of the rainy days! with his friend Josh.  He's just really made me smile to see him so "up and at 'em".  Like his Dad.  And just for the record he still gives me a hug and a kiss (at least one) every morning and every night, and of course a few times before he leaves for school  Such a sweet, gentle, little (big) boy!  I just love him.

The other day when Jack was in the tub- which he LOVES lately- he never wants to get out! But the other day when I asked him if he wanted to get out, he of course shook his head (that's all he ever does at the sound of a question).  I motioned to get him out and he wouldn't have it.  It was getting time to go, so I really needed to get him out, but I didn't really want to deal with the crying either, so I went out on a limb and said, "Do you want to go eat Lunch?" cute little Jack dropped his bucket and stood right up with his hands out- with a "yep, that'll do it!" look in his eyes! :)  I about died laughing.  And whenever I laugh- he does too :).  So sweet.

Kelly taught Noah how to draw cubes.  He's a pro.  I need to post a pic.  They're drawing buddies.

I never did post this cute poster the kids made for me when I was at the hospital.  I'm pretty sure it was Kelly that did most of it :).  I have the coolest kids.

No comments: