"You are not here to live a mediocre to average life; you are here to live an amazing life, a miraculous life. If it weren't for your challenges, there would be no miracles. You must do that which seems impossible, for it is only in the impossible that miracles are had." - author unknown, but very respected

Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Funny stuff

So last week on the way to school, Luke kept talking about how he doesn't like Ms. Langford and how she was making them color even though it's science class and how he didn't want to be graded on his coloring- it was kind of funny. So later on in the week Luke tells me he doesn't want to go to school because he has to take a test in Ms. Langfords class and how he wasn't going to do very well. When I asked him why, he said, "because i was so busy coloring, I couldn't pay attention to what she was teaching us"!! Ha!! Makes me laugh.

Luke: I'm going to wear a coat today so that you can look like a good mom :). 

After the Ms. Langford situation had been discussed and I was done laughing someone said, "what? What happened?" And Luke says, "Ms. Langford happened!!!" 
Sounds like he'll be happy when that unit is over :)

Have I mentioned Jack's funny stuff lately?  He has been a comedian :).  He started telling the interrupting cow, knock knock joke.  He tells it to you and then makes you tell it to him and he acts all surprised when you interrupt him with the moo.  It's hilarious.

Then the other day when we were driving in the blizzard-y snow, I called back to Jack in the car wanting to strike up a conversation with him and said, "Jack, don't the trees look so pretty with all the snow covering them?"  To that he replied, "What?"  So I repeated it, "Don't the trees look so pretty with all the snow covering them?"  And he said, "I not hear you, Mommy."  And the way he says this is cute because he always puts his little hand up to his ear.  So I chuckled a little and then repeated myself again.  This time I didn't even get to finish my sentence and he was already calling out, "Mom, I not hear you!"  So then I started to laugh a lot harder.  He was either being funny, or really didn't know I was just laughing and proceeded to repeat himself, "I not hear you, Mommy!  Mom, I not hear you! I not hear you Mommy!  Mom, I not hear you!" Over and over again.  Totally cracked me up!!  I laughed my head off.
So that afternoon I had been telling this to Nate and some of the other kids and Jack was listening and realized just how funny it was I think, because the next day, when we were driving through some more blizzard-y snow, I called back to him with, "Jack, don't the trees look so pretty with all the snow covering them?" And without hesitation he answered with, "What?"  And then a quick, "I not hear you, Mommy!"  With the biggest smile on his face!  Such a tease.
It got even funnier when later on, Bradley was testing it out and asked him what he thought about the trees covered in snow and he smiled and said, "What we talkin' 'bout?"  I laughed.

Jack and I were watching Charlie Brown Christmas and he made me rewind and play the part where Snoopy licks Lucy and then hangs his tongue out of his mouth with the funny noise over and over and over again, for about 10 minutes!  I'm not even exaggerating!  He laughed every time.

When we're watching TV and a commercial comes on, no matter what I'm doing, Jack will scream out, "UH OH!!  UH OH, MOMMY!! UH OH!!"  That's his way of telling me to skip the commercial.  It's so annoying, but also a little funny.  I finally got him to say, "Can you please skip the commercial, Mom." the other day, but it just wasn't as fun.

I love watching Jack kiss his baby doll's head.  He's so sweet and sensitive.

We were reminiscing in the car the other day about how Noah sang Up On The Housetop when he was a little kid- probably not more than one.  He sounded so cute!  "Ho ho ho!"

No comments: