"You are not here to live a mediocre to average life; you are here to live an amazing life, a miraculous life. If it weren't for your challenges, there would be no miracles. You must do that which seems impossible, for it is only in the impossible that miracles are had." - author unknown, but very respected

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Coloring Easter Eggs.... how could I have left these out?


Before going to the little get together at my mom's on Saturday, we finally colored our millions of eggs. I really love this tradition and how well my kids do with it! It never ceases to amaze me that we can pull it off (maybe I'm a dork, but the kids just impress me sometimes). We actually only boiled like half of these eggs, but then we were having so much fun we decided to boil the rest :) We still have a ton of them left (almost a month later..... are they bad now??).


I read in a magazine that if you mix in a little vegetable oil with your coloring (no vinegar) that you can get this marble effect. We had a lot of fun doing this on the eggs we had already done in one solid color. This was one of Charity's I think.... very cool.


Then Nate got the idea to wrap elastics around the eggs to make lines on them. The only elastics we had are the little plastic hair thing ones, but they worked PERFECTLY! This was a ton of fun too, trying to come up with different ways to do the coloring. (maybe we are a little dorky, but it was fun)

The girls are so funny when they pose like this.... but they love their eggs!

No comments: