I totally spaced even getting my camera out yesterday. I don't know what was wrong with me. But I wanted to jot down a few of the things we did. Just for memories sake. We took Nana to visit the gravesites that she so faithfully visits every single year. It was, as always, fun to hang out with Nana. We went to the Bountiful Cemetary and after driving around in the ridiculous traffic (do ALL the dead people really need to be remembered on ONE day?? Could we not separate it by like last names or something?? totally kidding, please don't be offended). I decided I'm going to get Nate a megaphone for the next traffic jam so that he doesn't have to keep it all bottled up inside, he can just start telling everyone when to go. I need to remember that Virginia and her husband, Albert, and Robbie are all at this cemetary. They are on the last street, a few rows back from the road. (this shouldn't mean a thing to any of you, just hoping that I will look back at this next year and then I won't have to go to the office to get a printout) Then we went out to the cemetary on Vine Street, and saw my Great Grandma and Grandpa Ferguson's graves. I could NOT believe how quickly Nana found those!! It was miraculous! I guess it has been 26 years that she's been going there and paying her respects, but for how forgetful she's getting..... it was miraculous. Then Nana treated us (at gunpoint, since I tried to offer to pay for it.... YEAH RIGHT! Nana is so insistant!) to lunch at Quiznos. Nana was so good to put up with our potty stops and our crazy kids (she insisted on riding in the back too! how crazy is she!), but I sure was glad that we were able to do that with her. After that we went to the park and let the kids get out some wiggles (they thought the drive out to Murray was SO LONG..... good thing we don't live in Eagle Mt anymore, that was like the drive to Walmart!). I enjoyed visiting with Nana while we watched Noah crawl around and the kids playing. Then we took Nana home and got ready for the BBQ. I don't know why but we never did go to the cemetary on Redwood Road, that's where Mabel is.... sorry Nana!
So we came home and went and got the neighbor dog to come play. It was our last day dogsitting. Then left for the Maynes Family BBQ. We had a good time. Charity, Kelly, Bradley and Luke took turns with the "big kids" jumping on the trampoline, and Noah spent the majority of his time in the little playhouse....he was so adorable playing in there. I had like 3 or 4 (lost count) helpings of potato salad and pretty much just sat there the entire time. All that sitting all day had made me tired :) But it was a nice time.
No comments:
Post a Comment