I've been fighting the urge to post this since it's basically just a "praise my amazing husband" post, but he totally deserves it and I like the reminder of how much he cares about me and our family.... so hears the summed up version (most of the mushiness removed).....
Saturday was Nate's "extra" day off. They gave him Saturday off since Monday, his usual day off, was a holiday. This way he was still able to collect his holiday pay for Monday. So it was one of those really exciting days off! Well, of course I woke up puking my guts out again! It was another one of those, "can't keep anything down" kind of days and Nate had to take the brunt of it. But here's the amazing part! Not only did I wake up puking, I woke up to a SPOTLESS house!! He had rallied up the troops and "the kids" had cleaned up everything! It really was nice too!! (of course I say "was" because we have had the weekend since then) He did breakfast, lunch, naps, playtime, took care of the neighbors dog....you name it.... ALL BY HIMSELF (and with 5 little kids)! AND he cleaned out my bowl, held my hair back, and stayed by me a few times while I vomitted.... now THAT'S love!
Later on in the day he loaded everyone up in the car and went to check out my $1 flip flop deal at Old Navy that I had obsessed over all week. Unfortunately they were all gone. But that didn't stop Nate from taking everyone all through the Gateway!! He's such a fun dad. I should mention that when they went downtown he not only had 5 little kids, he had an Uncle Steve with him and THAT is not an easy task!!! (no offense to Steve, he's just..... well..... like another kid :)) So anyway. He even stopped at Walmart to get me some crackers and juice, and a cute dress (yes, my husband went dress shopping for my daughter!!!! since we had wanted to get her one before Sunday....), with a shirt to go under it!!!!! What a man. They got home around 8:00 and he got them all ready for bed and read scriptures, said prayers, sang songs, and had everyone in bed! With a smile on his face! I just can't help but feel so blessed. He really did it all!! And he was way sweet the whole time too. I felt so bad that I couldn't be helping or having fun with them and he just made it all better. Sometimes I wonder if this happens because I am not feeling grateful enough and somehow Heavenly Father punishes Nate to teach me that I need to stop taking him for granted so much, but I don't know. I hope not. I just need to remember how lucky I am to have such an awesome husband. I love him.
1 comment:
What a great husband. What would we do without them?
Post a Comment