"You are not here to live a mediocre to average life; you are here to live an amazing life, a miraculous life. If it weren't for your challenges, there would be no miracles. You must do that which seems impossible, for it is only in the impossible that miracles are had." - author unknown, but very respected

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Avoidance


She LOVES to be upstairs with Grandpa Hatch and she has adopted the same routine that Noah has, looking at Grandpa's phone.  She especially likes watching herself.  Grandpa's so nice to humor us all.


I've decided not to post Erika's Eleven month old post.  I'm in denial.  I'm not going to let her be Eleven months and then I don't ever have to let her be a year.  It makes me sick when I realize that she is going to be a year old in less than a month.  And I almost cry too, which may just be my raging hormones lately.  And don't even begin to wonder if I'm pregnant, I'm not.  But I am breastfeeding, which in my opinion carries just as many mood swings and has almost the same effect on me.  Either way, I am refusing to post about her getting older and all her new teeth.  All her steps that she's attempted to take with her cute little eyes clenched tight (it's ADORABLE, but I'm not going to post about it).  I'm not going to say anything about her love for animals and their sounds, how she still hasn't had much desire to talk, but will "meow" and pant like a dog when prompted.  I'm not going to bring up how much she loves to be outside and away from home.  And I'm definitely not going to say anything about how much she's been eating.  I do love how much she loves to laugh and smile and hang upsidedown.  And how cute she looks when she crinkles up her nose at the end of her smile.  But I'm so not going to post about it.  She loves her grandpa too much to talk about that, and sneaking upstairs to hang out with him being one of her latest obsessions is not something I will blog about.  I will not bring up her love for shoes again and I will not mention that she actually CLIMBED up on the diaper bag and up to the chair in Sunday School the other day.  And even though she has had such a fun, happy personality for the last little while, even sleeping through a night a few times, I am not going to post about it.  All of these things just make it that much harder for me to let her get older and I refuse to accept it.  (but I probably will take a few pictures of her- since I'm a few days late- and post them on here, just so that you can see her cute little face again :) ) 
I just hate letting them get older!!!!

1 comment:

Jared and Erin said...

I'm in a totally different boat. I keep thinking, the sooner he's 1 the sooner the baby will be here. I'm sure it'd be a lot different if I didn't have a baby to replace his baby stage.