- For FHE on Tuesday we went to "the Bouncy Place" (Classic) and tried out the Blast Zone! It was really fun!!!! I'm surprised at how worn out they got and how slowly the 30 minutes went by. It felt a lot longer! The kids had so much fun. Noah spent a lot of time just pushing the button on the guns.... made a cool sound.... then we showed him a few other things and he really just kept himself entertained. Luke liked the shooting guns and the "bwack swide it was WEEEEWY fast!". Brad spent a lot of time with the rockets. Kelly liked the slide.... I will never forget how pumped she looked when she got to the top of the slide, but then the look of terror when she sat down and realized how high up it was. She only sat there for a while before taking the plunge! It is a REALLY high slide too!! The kids looked ill when they first started down it. Well, not Luke because he "cwozed his eyes". Charity did EVERYTHING. She thought the black slide was really fast too. She was fun for the little ones to watch because she really knew what she was doing. Erika was FASCINATED by it ALL! She had no fear crawling over to the other side of the place from where we were and playing in the balls (even though she wasn't supposed to). She loved watching the balls fall from the sky when the rockets were launched. It was a really fun place! And for 2 buck Tuesday, I think it's something we'll do again. We headed on over to Leatherby's for a big ol' dish of ice cream (and fries of course.... tradition). I love Family night. FUn stuff.
- Yesterday, 10-23-10, Charity, Kelly, Bradley and I stopped at the store to get a few things, on our way home from Steve's show. Charity had her money with her, so of course she had a buy a few things (money just burns a hole in these kids' pockets!!). In the car on the way home, Charity announced that she thought the clerk had shorted her. She said that she had given him a $20, and only gotten $7 back when the total was only $2 something. I sort of blew it off, told her that she probably only paid with a $10, not thinking much of it (duh). She stopped worrying about it and I didn't think of it again until today when she was getting her tithing money out and she was accusing someone of stealing ten dollars. Finally it occurred to me that maybe she really had been short changed. Sure enough, when we looked at the receipt (that she so responsibly saved!), she had given the clerk $20! And I was the bummy mom that didn't go right back, right then, and fix the problem! I feel bad and I think tomorrow after school I will take her down to the store and see if they will return her money, but man! Why do I not listen at the right times?? Note to me: just dig a little deeper when there is a concern, especially when the 8 year old's, hard-earned money is the item in question. Charity worked so hard for that money! Anyway, just thought I'd share my stupidity with you all so that you could learn from my mistake.
- On Monday (10-25-10), we went and looked at a home for rent here in Bountiful. The thought of renting stinks, but living in a different place, though probably not my favorite, seems better than staying in the basement for 6 more months. I like the idea of the kids finishing out the school year here and not having to move in the middle of the year. They're all looking forward to so many things. I guess I'd be okay with either way, but this seems like a nice option. The home was old, but clean, so looks promising. We'll see I guess.
- Tuesday (10-26-10), Reflections were due. I must say that as much as I like that there is something extra-curricular- for my kids to participate in (for free) I really think they've gone overboard with the rules and regulations for that stuff. It's REALLLLLLLY difficult to get it all together and ready to submit. The actual projects the girls did took a 19th of the amount of time it took me to figure all the forms nad envelopes and pictures and cds out. It was ridiculous. Enough of my complaining though, Charity did a sculpture/diorama of two girls planting a new flower where an old one has died. Kelly wrote a story (maybe you saw the post) about a Lonly Unicorn whose friends help her get out of a hole. They did great! I think they deserve to win!
- I finally finished collecting all of the stuff for our Halloween Costumes (10-27-10). I can't believe we might actually pull off the Chipmunks and Chipettes for Halloween this year! I always wanted to do some kind of group theme, but then got a little bummed that they weren't picking individual costumes (especially when I thought of all the cute things for Erika) but this will be fun! I'm excited now that it's turning out to be pretty cute.
- 10-28-10, Noah went in the Kitchen then came out and said this to me: Duh pider came out of duh hoe and duck he tung at me! (The spider came out of the hole and stuck his tongue at me) Tell me that's not the most creative thing you've heard a two year old say!!!! He comes up with this kind of stuff a lot at night. Talking about his Monster, and things in his room being mean to him. It's strange, something we haven't seen from a lot of kids, but I love it!! It totally makes me laugh.
No comments:
Post a Comment