"You are not here to live a mediocre to average life; you are here to live an amazing life, a miraculous life. If it weren't for your challenges, there would be no miracles. You must do that which seems impossible, for it is only in the impossible that miracles are had." - author unknown, but very respected

Thursday, May 21, 2009

Treasure Hunting, Bug Catching, Geocaching.... whatever you call it, it was a fun little outing


Nate took us out Geocaching (or Treasure Hunting as the boys call it) Saturday night. We went back to this one spot that we had tried before and were unsuccessful as far as the geocaching goes. But this didn't stop Kelly from loading up on caterpillars.... there were about a million of them all over the place.







(I took this to show Noah rubbing my arm.... he's always rubbing something. It's so adorable.)


caterpillars.










This was one of the other spots we checked out. Noah and Luke were asleep so I stayed back in the car with them.

This was milliseconds before Bradley fell on the cactus bush. That was a major devastation. The poor kid had cactus spines ALL OVER HIM!! In his clothes espcially, so that was nice that a lot of them came out when we took his clothes off, but the poor kid couldn't even set his hands down without them hurting even after Nate worked on them for an hour. I think he's all done with it now, but that was sad. No treasure there either.... they were so close right before Brad fell though. bummer. Anyway. It was a fun time either way.

3 comments:

Shannon said...

We love Geocaching! It's such a great activity and the kids seem to really enjoy it as well. Sorry that Bradley fell on the cactus. That had to hurt!

*Ashleigh* said...

OK, wow, I just caught up, sounds like so much fun at your house :D thanks for clarifying what Nate does :D that was an awesome post! Although just to be clear I DID know what an air traffic controller did (not to that extent... and to be honest I didn't read the WHOLE post...) anyway, here's your comfort... Ollie isn't walking either and I have a feeling he is going to be just like Noah. He has NO desire to let go, even though I KNOW he could do it! I think it's a trust/fear factor AND Tyson (nephew) was 18 months before he walked and he has no developmental delays or anything... he just wanted to do it when he was good and ready. Now that I wrote a novel for you to read :D hope you're having a great day, we should take the kids out to a park one of these days...

Christy Smith said...

I didn't know you guys did geocaching! We should do one together sometime...maybe if we met up the canyon or something. How sad Brad fell! That's awful! And speaking of awful, I can't believe cherry broke her arm too. I hate instacare! I'm glad she's okay.