"You are not here to live a mediocre to average life; you are here to live an amazing life, a miraculous life. If it weren't for your challenges, there would be no miracles. You must do that which seems impossible, for it is only in the impossible that miracles are had." - author unknown, but very respected

Sunday, September 2, 2018

Girls Camp "I Can"

GIRLS CAMP
Girls camp was awesome!!  I really don't think it could have gone better food-wise.  I wish I had documented things and written in my journal everyday, but I had an amazing week!  It felt like I was there for something other than just the food.  And then every day would bring a new "oh maybe THAT'S it!" So that was awesome.  Girls camp is always a fast track to the Spirit for me.  I loved it.  The Stake theme was "I Can".  I LOVED the daily themes.  Monday was "I Can Do Hard Things".  Tuesday was "
It was fun to be with Charity and Kelly and see them in their element.  They've come a long way from where they were two years ago, with me in there.  This has been a good thing for them.  I loved how involved they are and how much they love to include everyone.  They are definitely valuable members of the group.  It was nice to hear so many nice things about them all week, from the leaders and from the girls especially each night with the secret sisters thing.  That was such a cute idea and fun way to do secret sisters.
I loved getting to know a few new people.  Mandi Sanchez and I had a lot of fun and became friends, so that was cool.  Shelly was hilarious that last night- who knew!  She is always so sweet to me, it was fun to be up there with her.  And then the obvious fun with Emily and Jami (course I don't really feel like I saw Jami all that much, but I loved seeing her in her element as well.  She's such an inspired leader.  I love that about her.)  I got to know Kelly Thaxton a little better.  I got to hear more stories from Margie :).  She cracks me up!  And talking with Lindsey was a lot of fun too.  A good experience and I was way less jealous of them all than I thought I would be!  I didn't even cry about not being a leader once :).
I really loved the firesides and devotionals they had.  They were all amazing.  I really loved Kim White and what she was saying about asking Heavenly Father what His plan for you is.  It was interesting to learn from someone else that Empathy is the most important thing you can teach your kids.  It was just a really inspired and inspiring week.  I couldn't have asked for better!
8-6-18--8-11-18

While we were gone, Nate and the younger six played their little hearts out!  I heard about roasting hot dogs, going to Maughan's for roasting more hot dogs, they all ran the market on their own! And all the other regularly scheduled things- Nate was a rockstar.  It was cool to hear about all their fun.  I was surprised that they didn't go to It's Sugar though?

We got home Friday afternoon.  It was a mad dash to get all the laundry done and things planned, shopped for and packed before leaving for California Saturday afternoon once Kelly and Erika were done with their Lacrosse Clinic!  We know how to pack things in.




No comments: