- Don't skip the shower, whether there is any conditioner or not, you will notice your stench everytime to you move.
- Oatmeal with brown sugar is a great idea for breakfast regardless of how Charity reacts.
- There can never be too many people crying at once.
- Even though the kid seems really interested in the potty, he will still throw a screaming fit when you ask him to sit on it. and when you try to put him back in his diaper. and when you try to cuddle with him to rock him to sleep. there.
- It's not just Texas, you don't mess with a tired two year old either. make that, a tired 1 year, 11 month, and 27 day old.
- Bradley saying that "likes everything about me.... even when I yell" is actually a boost.
- Luke will not negotiate with terrorists. or anyone.
- Taking pictures of my adorable kids is therapeutic.
- My kids' smiles are the cutest "tender mercies of the Lord" there ever was.
- The laundry keeps piling up no matter how tired of doing laundry I am.
- Rolling out cookie dough with a five year old is.... fun! and thereapeutic!
- Eating cookies.... well.... that can be fun too. until I looked in the mirror :)
- The dishes can wait, and wait, and wait, and pile up, and wait.....
- The phrase, "K, let's hurry and get our shoes on and go get the girls from school" actually means, "everyone cry and throw a fit about anything and everything you can possibly think of" and "walk slowly" In fact I think the word "hurry" is the culprit.... don't use it.
- Strapping the kids into their carseats is a pain when you're in a hurry.
- Riding in the car with the kids all strapped in is good for my mood.
- Charity knows how to make me laugh.
- No matter how grumpy you've been you can always get grumpier.
- Smiling helps.
- Watching Bradley try to put on snow pants is hilarious. and laughing feels good.
- No matter how much good there is in a day, sometimes it's just not enough to fill my half empty glass.
- Getting down on my knees and finally admitting that I can't do it on my own is the only solution. Why don't I just do that first?!!
Yeah, I had a bad day. Happens way too often. Tomorrow will be better. It usually is.
3 comments:
I totally agree with the hurry thing. Everytime I say it I swear what my kids heard was "go as slow as possible and play with the legos some more and loose your shoes and go potty and hit your brother." Your life is crazy and you are an amazing woman to handle it all.
Argh...I'm sorry. We'd love to come visit and add something new to the day! (I'm not saying it would be something good, but it would be something.) :) I'm definitely with you on the photo therapy. If I'm stressed or need a break, editing pictures for even 5 or 10 minutes totally makes me feel better. It reminds me that my kids don't act like this ALL the time :) and makes me smile. And, BTW, the new picture a the top of the blog is ADORABLE! Cutest kids ever! Oh, and another BTW...you're AMAZING!!!
Wow, your post about having a bad day just got to my heartstrings. Maybe its because I've had too many bad days lately and come to the same conclusion at the end, I should have prayed for help earlier, because when your a mom, you need it all through the day.
Post a Comment