"You are not here to live a mediocre to average life; you are here to live an amazing life, a miraculous life. If it weren't for your challenges, there would be no miracles. You must do that which seems impossible, for it is only in the impossible that miracles are had." - author unknown, but very respected

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Luke goes to Primary!

I totally forgot to mention this in the Blessing post, but then I realized that it deserves it's own post! Unfortunately I didn't even think to take his picture or anything!

Luke is officially in Primary!!! Last Sunday they brought the new Sunbeams from Nursery into Primary (Luke being one of them), just to let them get a feel for it. I think it was during music time. I have been really nervous for him to go ever since he was little (he's not a sit still and listen kind of guy). He has a late birthday so he really did get enough of Nursery and really should be moving on despite what he thinks or how I feel :). So I decided to go in the Primary (since I was out with Erika anyway) and see how things were going that first time testing it out. I looked up in the front and couldn't see him in the row with all the new Sunbeams (there are 4 boys btw, how crazy would that be!). I started to wonder what was up and then realized that he was sitting between Kelly and Bradley on the other side of the room. Apparently he had not wanted to sit with his class and Brad offered to let him sit by him :) I'm glad Brad was helpful, but seems like a bad habit to get into. So anyway. This was his first week and it happened to be my Sunday to do the Sharing Time, so our whole family was in Primary except Noah. Luke did AWESOME!! He was wiggly. Didn't really SIT in his chair the whole time, but he was in the general vicinity. He volunteered so anxiously to help me, I couldn't help but let him come up and hold one of the gloves. It was fun to watch him WATCHING everyone sing. I really felt good about how it went though. I didn't want to ask his teacher how classtime was.... must not have been too bad. I am trying not to get my hopes though, I don't want to be too let down if it was just a coincidence that he did so well. He has so much energy to share. So anyway. I was really proud of him. He was pretty proud of himself. He seemed to have a good time. I think it helps a lot that he has 3 older siblings in there.

No comments: