I absolutely LOVED my day! Nate and the kids spoiled me rotten! Beginning with the news that Nate was taking the day off, so I wasn't going to have to go it alone all evening! Wahoo! I got up normal time, took my shower, got all ready and then crawled back into bed- that was awesome. One of the sounds of Mother's Day is all the kids, slowly making their way up the stairs, everyone coaching each other and calling out ideas for how their going to do gifts and who's going to go first, etc. Just the cute muffled comments... then the loud, "Happy Mother's Day, to you!...." song. I love that part! I got eggs, bacon and sausage this year! So delicious. They decided to go youngest to oldest.
Molly handed me a gift card to Cold Stone. It was cute because I remembered her coming in yesterday from shopping and announcing very proud and excitedly, “We dot you EYE-heem!” Made more sense suddenly ツ. She was so fun, asking for bites of my eggs and grabbing my bacon out of my hands. Funny girl.
Nate announced that the gift cards represented dates with each of them ツ. How cute is that! What a fun idea! They know how much I love the dates.
Jack came back in the room and handed me a gift card to Krispy Kreme. Mmmmmmm. We are going to have fun on that date ツ. He was so sweet about it.
Erika gave me a cute hand made card with LOTS of coupons inside- my favorite was clean up the kitchen!! And the a sweet little thumb print heart necklace!! So cute!! I just love a new homemade necklace to wear to church on mother’s day! My favorite! She gave me a beautiful drawing of a lighthouse with a quote on it. Then she gave me the gift card to Panda Express! That will be fun ツ. Fun girl.
Noah gave me a laminated drawing of some beautiful flowers with an amazing and detailed poem he wrote himself and even made it rhyme!! With that he gave me a mirror that on it he’d handwritten “This gift is only beautiful when you look at it!” Awwwwww!!!! Melt my heart! As well as with a gift card to the one and only IHOP ツ. Love it!! Sweet boy!
Luke gave me a really sweet card with all the reasons he loves me and of course one of them was “because you’re my mom, duh.” Hahaha!! Ya gotta love his sense of humor ツ. His also had some pretty colored flowers on the back. So nice. He gave me a gift card to Applebee’s ツ. I think that could be his new favorite. That will be fun. Love that kid.
Bradley handed me a gift card to Benihana’s! We’re both super excited about that one!! One of my favorites!! I just love this kid- he’s growing up too fast though.
Kelly gave me some beef jerky and the sweetest letter I think I’ve ever read. So thoughtful. She’s a sweetheart. She gave me a gift card to Red Lobster! I can smell the biscuits from here!
Charity gave me a gift card to The Melting Pot!!! That’s going to be awesome! I can’t wait to go there! We will have a blast! She’s going to love it. Love that girl.
I love the hugs, the smiles, the getting along that accompany Mother’s Day morning. I really wish, like Kelly said, we could have it once a week (whether I deserve it or not ツ ).
I sang in Sacrament meeting in a little triple quartet.
Then listened to my Primary kids.
Then struggled through the chaos we call primary.
Then came home!
The evening was so nice and relaxing! We played some games, talked, it was so nice to have Nate home!
As it got later, Nate got out a bunch of candy (not kidding, it was all my favorite chocolates! the stinker!) and made up a game called, "Mom's Favorites". Basically he asked the kids questions about me and whoever knew the answers got candy! It was pretty fun to be honest, well, until Nate got all deep and started bringing up all the horrible things I did as a kid! Like the kids need to know that stuff!! But they had fun, it was fun to talk about myself a little to them. They don't know me as well as I would have thought :). But lots of fun. And what a pleasant change to have Nate home for the evening! It's been at least a few years since he had Mother's Day evening off. I loved it! And savored every minute of it, because I'm pretty sure it won't happen again for a while.
I just love Mother's Day! I loved being with the people who make me a mom and make my life worth living. It's fun to take part in such a miraculous work as bringing spirits into the world and raising them to be righteous, happy individuals. So grateful for that blessing. 5-13-18
No comments:
Post a Comment